Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
elvmeister
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Manager 4.1 hangs at logon/startup

Hi

I have installed BPS and had all working fine with two BB's as part of a pilot.

After deleting one from server as part of testing, the software didnt then see the BB when I connected it back up via USB to reassign it.

Logged out of Blackberry manager and upon logging back in it just sits there at the splash screen, as if waiting for something

If I terminate the program it reports an application hang in the Event log.

Looking in the MNGR log I get following: -

[30000] (07/31 14:35:15.891):{0x1650} BlackBerry Manager Version 4.1.4.17 starting...
[30000] (07/31 14:35:15.922):{0x1650} Mailstore Connector initialized.
[30000] (07/31 14:35:20.610):{0x1650} [ENV] [DB] Connection String = Server=SQL;Database=BES_DB;uid=besadmin;pwd=
[30000] (07/31 14:35:20.610):{0x1650} [ENV] [DB] DBMS Name = Microsoft SQL Server;  DBMS Version = 08.00.2039;  Provider Name = sqloledb.dll;  Provider Friendly Name = Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server;  OLE DB Version = 02.70;  Provider Version = 08.10.3959
[35019] (07/31 14:35:20.610):{0x1650} [ENV] [DB] Database Schema Version:  4.1.4 <4.1.2.2007.04.11>
[30000] (07/31 14:35:21.063):{0x1650} Access BBMgrAppResources using  rim_db_admin_security
[30000] (07/31 14:35:21.298):{0x16DC} [DIAG] EVENT=Register_thread, THREADID=0x16DC, THREADNAME="Unnamed"

Compared that to a successful load from previous day and only difference  is more lines like the last one.

I have tested DB status and thats fine, Checked SRP connectivity and thats fine.

My one BB still configured still gets email delivered.

I have tried restarting all BB servcies to no avail, so have restarted the server but same thing.

Cant find anthing on web about this!

Dont really want to re-install the software at this stage

Any ideas anyone ?!!

Thanks

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Blackberry Manager 4.1 hangs at logon/startup

Try this first 

How to re-create the BlackBerry Enterprise Server MAPI profile

http://www.blackberry.com/btscKB10285

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
elvmeister

Hi

Thanks for the mega swift reply.

I Did this and I get the same results  - BB Manager splash screen displayed and sits there.

Do you have other thoughts ?

As we only have the two ( now 1) BBs on the BPS I had wondered about restoring the DB from a working day, but of course I am unsure of whetehr this issue is DB related or local to the BPS (BPS runs on one server, DB runs on another server on our SQL cluster).

Thanks

elv

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

If it is not a MAPI issue and you are getting emails then It could be an issue with the manager portion.

In add remove programs can you do a repair?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor
elvmeister

Well thinsg have gotten stranger although better !

I tried the re-setting up of the profile as stated and that did not alter the situation so in last ditch effort I restared the server once more... and I was able to open BB manager .. so maybe this did fix it.

but what was strange was before the issues I had 1 user added but no BB associated (had deleted user and then attempted to setup) , and 1 user fully setup.

Now when I went into BB manager the user was setup and the BB was associated  !!

So not sure how this came about but it is working and seems stable, so intend to monitor closely.

Thanks for your quick responses on this.

Eelv

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Glad to have helped out and welcome to the forums.