Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

JPK
Contributor
JPK
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

Blackberry World Application ID

Hello,

Using BES 5.0.4, we have Blackberry World enabled but with Applicaiton Restriction list IT Policy set so users can only install approved apps.

Well now my Blackberry World wants to update but it fails becuase I don't have the Applicaiton ID for Blackberry world and for the life of me I cannot find it anywhere?

Does anyone know the Application ID for Blackberry World so I can add it to the list of applications I can install using Blackberry World???!!!

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
unleashurself
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Re: Blackberry World Application ID

At the same window, where it is prompting for ID, there you will find a option to create new ID.

Click on that and create new ID by following very user friendly steps.

Please use plain text.
JPK
Contributor
JPK

Hi There,

Unfortunatley I'm not asking about a user ID. In Blackberry World each application is associated with a ID number, we use this ID number on our BES to control which applications can be installed. The problem is the Blackberry World App on my phone wants to update itself, but becuase I don't have the associated appliation ID number it cannot update.

thanks anyways.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
unleashurself
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

[ Edited ]

Hi,

KB25647: How to find the Application or Vendor ID of an application in BlackBerry App World

As per the doc App world ID is 1 try this, hope this will help you..!!

Please use plain text.
JPK
Contributor
JPK

*Palm to forehead*

:Oops:

Thanks! I head read that a long time ago but never noticed the note at the bottom. Thank-you so much!!!

Please use plain text.