Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

yammy
My Device: 9900

Blackberry notification system - Event ID 373

I'm running BES 5.03 with Exchange 2010 SP1 and all is running quite well but my application event log is flooded with this event. About 2-3 times per minute.

The description for Event ID 373 from source Blackberry Notification System cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

IDS_25000               getListBESdatabases: COM Error 0x80004005 - Unspecified error - Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server - Description [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied. - Command: getListBESdatabases

Since everything is working its not a huge deal, but I'd like to get rid of it so that I have clean logs to work with. I'm running SQL Express 2005 locally and when I open the blackberry server configuration utitlity it connects and tests succesfully.

Anyone know why this is?

Please use plain text.
scottiitpro
My Device: Blackberry 9700

Re: Blackberry notification system - Event ID 373

I'm having the same issue.  I am not sure why.

Please use plain text.
scottiitpro
My Device: Blackberry 9700

373 is just a generic error. The useful information is below that error.

This event can be recorded for various problems. At the bottom of the event description, there might be the actual useful information. In troubleshooting this, the administrator should only apply suggestions for the type of error experienced, not for all event id 373. Example:

SQL Server does not exist or access denied. - Command: getListBESdatabases - Indicates that the Blackberry service was unable to contact the SQL server or the account used to access it does not have sufficient rights. The event also records the command that was attempted.

Query timeout expired - Command: getListBESdatabases - Indicates that while the Blackberry service was able to contact the SQL server, the command took too long to return the expected answer. It appears that the SQL server is experiencing problems.
Please use plain text.
yammy
My Device: 9900

This explanation doens't make any sense. I can access the database using the service account from both the blackberry server configuration utility and the SQL studio.

If the account does have access why would it throw this error?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dhymeri
My Device: Blackberry Bold

We are also gettting this error appearing on our BES 5.0 server every so often, anyone has any ideas on how to correct this?  I have been through a Blackberry article on assigning the correct  permissions (article ID: KB02276) and the SQL permissions appear correct, but this error is still being generated.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

i would just remove DBNS

How to install or remove the Database Notification System from a remote Microsoft SQL Server

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dhymeri
My Device: Blackberry Bold

Thanks for the reply.  I actually followed that article for uninstalling it and re-installing it the other day.  So I should just uninstall it?  Is it not needed for anything useful?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I have never used DBNS and many of my friends that run BES don not use it either

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kiwicam
My Device: BOLD 9000

Has around found a fix for this yet???

Thanks

Please use plain text.