Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
SupportFS
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry professional settings for Desktop Manager

N00B here. So now that I have that out of the way.

I have a blackberry professional 4.4.1 server up and running in a test environment on my ESX server and everything works phenominally.   However when I hook my blackberry up to my work PC (outside of the VM environment) it seems that all the settings get changed.  I dont really know what settings I need to change so my desktop doesnt take over my e-mail settings.  Can anyone help me out here?  I am hoping this is a simple fix due to me not reading the proper documentation.

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

Re: Blackberry professional settings for Desktop Manager

SupportFS wrote:

N00B here. So now that I have that out of the way.

I have a blackberry professional 4.4.1 server up and running in a test environment on my ESX server and everything works phenominally.   However when I hook my blackberry up to my work PC (outside of the VM environment) it seems that all the settings get changed.  I dont really know what settings I need to change so my desktop doesnt take over my e-mail settings.  Can anyone help me out here?  I am hoping this is a simple fix due to me not reading the proper documentation.

Thanks in advance.

try this:

1) uninstall desktop software

2) wipe handheld

3) reactivate

4) reinstall desktop software (making sure you configure it indicating that you're on an enterprise server)

5) use the desktop software

Sounds like you've got the desktop software misconfigured.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SupportFS

Ya I have done all the above, uninstalled the desktop software, re-synched with the Blackberry server.  Installed the Desktop software verifying each step and that I specified the Enterprise server option.  Still a no-go.  It is almost like it is trying to send through my outlook.  But my outlook does not use the exchange server or blackberry server that I am testing.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
BBsingh
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

have you tried removing user from BB manager and then re-add acticvate. make sure to remove exchange info when propmpted while removing used from manager. you can also try running utility 'dbclean' on affected user's computer.
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SupportFS

I will try DBclean.

I dont get why removing the user from blackberry manager will keep the PC from overriding the phone though the two seem disjointed.  My phone is currently working as expected, just as long as I dont connect to my computer.

Please use plain text.