Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
CPickler
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Can't Send e-mail from Blackberry newly migrated to BPS from Desktop software

[ Edited ]

I am trying the BPS software and I am thrilled with it, but I need help fixing this problem.  The blackberry was initially set-up for desktop syncing using the Desktop manager.  The device recieves e-mails and updates perfectly.  It can also respond to messages from the other e-mail accounts configured on it just fine.  How do I configure it to respond to e-mails going through the BPS server.  The default option is desktop and I don't see any selection for BPS or the e-mail address BPS is pushing out.

I see the two addresses for my personal e-mail but not work.  What do I need to do to fix this?  Do I need to wipe the handheld, and if so do I need to do it from the handheld itself, or use the wipe functionality built into BPS?

Message Edited by CPickler on 10-30-2008 01:34 AM
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

Re: Can't Send e-mail from Blackberry newly migrated to BPS from Desktop software

Ok, first thing is when you see Desktop on the BlackBerry handheld it doesn't actually mean Desktop ... I think that is one of my biggest complaints.  My BlackBerry, which is associated with a Domino BES, has the same "Desktop".

That said, how was the HH previously configured to sync email?  Personally, if all the mail / contacts / calendar etc is already in an Exchange server, I would use the opportunity to backup the HH, upgrade the OS, and then activate against the BPS server with a fresh device.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Contributor
CPickler

Re: Can't Send e-mail from Blackberry newly migrated to BPS from Desktop software

It was originally set up to recieve e-mails using the desktop redirector.  Then I transitioned it to utilizing the personal e-mail setup from AT&T.  All the other e-mail addresses are still sending and receiving using the personal e-mail service from AT&T.

If the desktop also covers BES, can you think of a reason why it would recieve e-mail just fine, but can't send?

Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne

Is the user account a member of a group such as Domain Admins?

or any of these groups:

Enterprise Admins
Schema Admins
Administrators 

Check out this: AdminSDHolder

Contributor
CPickler

Yes the account is a Domain Admin, and an Administrator.  I utilized option 2 on the provided link.  We will see if it works.  The KB said that it was fixed with Server 2003 SP1, and I have SP2 installed on this server.

We will see if this fixes the error.  Thanks for the help so far, hopefully this will fix the issue. 

Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne

Option 1 is really what you should be doing ...

Contributor
CPickler

Ok, I applied method 1 instead.  Does this one also require the one hour for the changes to be affected?  This one doesn't require being reset every hour as well, right?
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne

This doesn't require any resetting.  Once the Exchange permissions cache has cleared (up to 120 minutes) (or you can restart the Exchange Information Store; which will take mail offline temporarily), then the user will be able to send without issue.

Contributor
CPickler

He is able to reply to e-mails on the same domain as his e-mail address.  If it is an e-mail address though on a different domain it goes to a green check for a second, and then goes to a red X.  I haven't been able to check the actual message on the handheld yet, but I will do that as soon as he comes back in from the field.

So we have a partial solution.  Thank you.

Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne

Check to see how the message is being sent.  Is it being sent through the BES and failing or perhaps a BIS account.