Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Tour
My Carrier: Verizon

Cannot choose contacts folder to view

Hello,

I cannot choose any subfolders that exist in my Outlook contacts since applying the latest upgrade to my Tour 9630 ( 5.0.0.591 - 4.2.0.284) a couple days ago. When I go to contacts and press the menu button there is no choice on the menu to "select folder" like there used to be.

We are running BESX 5.0 and the only change has been the upgrade to the BB OS.

I confirmed that the below procedure is still in place (which is how I set it up after installing BESX an month and a half ago):

Control which personal contact subfolders a user can synchronize to a BlackBerry device

By default, a user can synchronize all of the personal contact subfolders on the messaging server with the contact lists on the BlackBerry® device. To help manage network resources, you can select the personal contact subfolders that a user can synchronize.
  1. In the BlackBerry Administration Service, on the BlackBerry solution management menu, expand User.
  2. Click Manage users.
  3. Search for a user account.
  4. Click the display name for the user account.
  5. In the Messaging Configuration section, click Device configuration.
  6. Click Edit User.
  7. On the Email tab, in the Private contact folders section, select the private contact subfolders that you want to permit the user to synchronize with the contact lists on the BlackBerry device.
  8. Click Continue to user information edit.
  9. Click Save all.

I have pulled the battery, waited a few minutes and rebooted the phone with no luck.

Any ideas of how to get the menu choice of contacts folders back would be appreciated.

Visitor
My Device: Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Cannot choose "View Folder" in Contacts menu

I just discovered this today and came across your post. I've noticed the same thing with BES users device users of Blackberry Tour, device OS 5.0.0.191 on the latest platform ver. .284 from Verizon Wireless. But the view folder option was not a choice on the 4.7.x device OS code level that the Tour 9630 was on up until one month ago when 5.0 device OS software update was finally released to Verizon subscribers.

coincendentally the "view folder" option is available as a choice from the Contact application menu list on my Blackberry Storm 2 9550 running 5.0.0.320. Works just fine and I'm able to view contacts folders that our Public folders on our MS Exchange server. only way to get to them is from there.

who else is experiencing this and what is the fix? I'll be calling RIM support shortly.

New Contributor
My Device: bb 9700
My Carrier: MTN Nigeria

Re: Cannot choose contacts folder to view

After upgrading my bb software to the latest version, I find it impossible to edit any of my phone contacts information; neither is it possible to save new contact information on my phone. Can somone tell me how I can solve this problem? Its really disturbibg!!!
Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: Cannot choose contacts folder to view

I am the blackberry admin for my company.

I have the only BlackBerry on our enterprise (it's one 9810 out of 4, plus we have several 9700's and 9900's) that does not have the "view folder" option under my Contacts menu.  Everyone has it except me.

Also, two of my users do not sync with our public folder contacts.  We all see our personal contact plus the company's shared contacts which are stored in a public folder.  Everyone can see the public folder contacts except 2 people, both with Torch 9810's, which is the same Model/OS as mine but I can see them just fine. 

According to our BlackBerry/Exchange hosting company, all users are set up the same for access to the public folders.

I'm hoping someone from RIM or another BlackBerry/BES expert can help trouble shoot this.  I know RIM only scans these posts randomly.  But if anyone can help.......

Thanks,

-Ron
(8800, 8310, 9700, 9800, 9810, 9900, Z10)