Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
mesutcan
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone Turkey

CreateDB fails when installing BESX for Exchange

Hello;

I'm trying to install BESX to our Exchange Server 2007 Environment. Our Server is DC at same time. I'm using Installation and Configuration Guide step by step and came to creating configuration database title.

When i try to create db, it fails with error:

Problem connecting.  See log for details

Result of call to BESDBInstaller: Problem trying to connect.  See log

When i see the log, i see this error lines:

[25137] (12/03 10:09:29.162):{0x17B04} {ConnectionItem::ConnectToDB} Failed to connect.  Connection string is Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Server=localhost;Database=master;Network=dbmssocn;Trusted_Connection=Yes
[25000] (12/03 10:09:29.162):{0x17B04} ConnectionItem::ConnectToDB: COM Error 0x80004005 - Unspecified error - Source: "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server" - Description "[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied." - Command "ConnectionItem::ConnectToDB"
[20000] (12/03 10:09:29.178):{0x17B04} [CBESDBInstaller::Connect] : Pool failed to initialize

I just installed a SQL Server Express 2008 R2 and i can connect to it with SQL Server Management Studio. My cfg file is below:

SERVER=localhost
MSSQL_PORT=

All of other settings are default. I tried SERVER setting with localhost\SQLExpress, srvname\SQLExpress, srvname etc.

I googled for this but i couldnt find anything.

Thank you for your kind responses and helpings.

Regards.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: CreateDB fails when installing BESX for Exchange

did you install SQL while logged in as BESAdmin?

Permission can be fun to understand.

What is the BESAdmin service account?
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Solution/What-is-the-BESAdmin-service-a...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mesutcan

Thank you for your reply.

I not remember exactly i installed SQL Server with which account. But i added BESAdmin as SysAdmin, DBAdmin, etc.

I will check all permissions again, thanks for the link. Then, i will uninstall SQL Server and install with BESAdmin login again.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

sounds like a plan, how did it work out?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mesutcan

Hello again.

Sorry for late response.

Unfortunately, didnt work out. There is must be a quick and easy way. I want just create an empty database.

Maybe a script? Can i create this db manually or do you have any advice?

Thank you so much.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

i use this to do it

How to create or upgrade a BlackBerry Configuration Database

Please use plain text.
Contributor
JeepITguy
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Sprint

Knotty

I just tried your suggestion listed in the Knowledge base and I got a file open error. It says problem getting search search file handle for DBInstallerScripts\DBInstallScripts\SqlServer\*.*  any ideas?

I am using the same account account that I installed SQL with and it has all the proper permissions.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

did you copy the files to the SQL server?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
JeepITguy
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Sprint

Yeah I copied the files just to the desktop, is there some place else they need to be?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

you need to copy them to a drive, not the desktop

Please use plain text.