Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
JeepITguy
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: CreateDB fails when installing BESX for Exchange

I moved the file to a drive and the following is what I get in the error log when I try and create the database. I am just not sure what is going on here, and why I am having so many problems with this.

[30000] (02/14 14:44:44.294):{0xF70} Determining progress bar range
[30000] (02/14 14:45:01.997):{0xF70} ADO ConnectionTimeout value = 30s
[30000] (02/14 14:45:01.997):{0xF70} ADO ConnectionTimeout for re-initalizing the pool = 45s
[25137] (02/14 14:45:32.653):{0xF70} {ConnectionItem::ConnectToDB} Failed to connect.  Connection string is Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Server=localhost;Database=master;Network=dbmssocn;uid=besadmin;pwd=
[25000] (02/14 14:45:32.653):{0xF70} ConnectionItem::ConnectToDB: COM Error 0x80004005 - Unspecified error - Source: "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server" - Description "[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied." - Command "ConnectionItem::ConnectToDB"
[20000] (02/14 14:45:32.653):{0xF70} [CBESDBInstaller::Connect] : Pool failed to initialize
====== END OF LOG ======

knottyrope wrote:

you need to copy them to a drive, not the desktop

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

what version of SQl are you using?

MSDE can do this when too many connections are being made

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

No Sleep Till BlackBerry 10, A BlackBerry Song by Lil E Click here to listen

See me at BlackBerry Fans Get Hands-On BlackBerry 10 Demo

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

Please use plain text.
Contributor
JeepITguy

I am running SQL Server 2008 r2 Express
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

are you able to log in to SQL with SSMS with BESAdmin account?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ

Please use plain text.
Contributor
JeepITguy

Yes I can.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope

JeepITguy wrote:
Yes I can.

on local and a remote PC?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pawelj36
My Carrier: ORANGE PL

Are you sure that SQL Instance was named like hostname directly ? by default BES added server localhost\BLACKBERRY, sql express added instance named like localhost\sqlexpress, please check correctly name in SQL Server Configuration Manager \Sql server Services

Please use plain text.