Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Current patch level of BES Express 5

This should be the right link, let me know if not.

Just SP3 at the moment

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=7B66B4FD401A271A1C7224027CE1...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

No Sleep Till BlackBerry 10, A BlackBerry Song by Lil E Click here to listen

See me at BlackBerry Fans Get Hands-On BlackBerry 10 Demo

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
lostOzone
My Carrier: SFR

Same file as previously downloaded in my previous post. And same error "Error initializing system" on my SBS 2008. Too bad I was waiting for this update to migrate to SBS2011
Please use plain text.
Contributor
solmssen
My Carrier: T-Mobile

setup a second server as a Hyper-V host, run BESX and any other supplemental services on that machine in VMs - you will not regret it. Keep that stuff off the SBS machine.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
lostOzone

Thanks for the advice but no thanks I don't need two servers in this specific case.
About the error I've realized that I was trying to launch the setup.exe from the wrong account.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Always use the BESAdmin service account or the service account you created for BES.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ

Please use plain text.
Mirija
My Carrier: Orange

Hi,

seems files are for full fresh install, or can we install "over the top"?

Thx.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
lostOzone

You can install over. The install will detect the current install and update.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope

lostOzone wrote:
You can install over. The install will detect the current install and update.

That is correct.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
smitty42
My Carrier: Verizon

I just realized that 5.0.3 is now available.  Any one had any issues installing this update over 5.0.2?  I just read the release notes.........

Tour 9630 handhelds
BES Express 5.0.3
SQL 2005 Express
Server 2008 R2 (no SP)
Exchange 2010 SP1
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
THarris
My Carrier: Rogers WIreless

I am unable to install MR1 on SP3 of my BESx as the installer says the wrong version is installed.

This error seems correct as the release notes indicate I should be upgrading from bundle 33, but my 5.0.3 BESx is only bundle 12.

Is there a way to upgrade? The website seems to be saying these maintenance releases are for BES Express and BES, so I would think it should be possible to apply the maintenance releases.

I am running BESx for Domino on Windows 2K3 SP2.

Please use plain text.