Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
dancadman
My Device: Torch - 9850 & 32GB Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Current patch level of BES Express 5

[ Edited ]

I am currently using 5.0.2 MR 1 (Bundle 25) and have downloaded the besx_upgrader_5.0.3.exe, but when I try to install it, I get the following message:  The setup application has detected an installation of BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express on this computer.  The setup application will now exit.  For more information about upgrading from BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express to the BlackBBerry Enterprise Server, visit www.blackberry.com/go/serverdocs to read the latest revision of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Upgrade Guide.

I realize that I have BESX, but figured I was downloading the correct update since the one I downloaded was in the BESX area.  I have tried stopping all BlackBerry services and I am logged in as BESadmin.  This is Windows 2003 SBS server, and we have been running BESX very well for almost a year.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Edit:  After some more searching I found the right download:  http://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=7B66B4FD401A271A1C7224027CE11...

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

dancadman wrote:

I am currently using 5.0.2 MR 1 (Bundle 25) and have downloaded the besx_upgrader_5.0.3.exe, but when I try to install it, I get the following message:  The setup application has detected an installation of BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express on this computer.  The setup application will now exit.  For more information about upgrading from BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express to the BlackBBerry Enterprise Server, visit www.blackberry.com/go/serverdocs to read the latest revision of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Upgrade Guide.

I realize that I have BESX, but figured I was downloading the correct update since the one I downloaded was in the BESX area.  I have tried stopping all BlackBerry services and I am logged in as BESadmin.  This is Windows 2003 SBS server, and we have been running BESX very well for almost a year.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Edit:  After some more searching I found the right download:  http://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=7B66B4FD401A271A1C7224027CE11...

yeah it gets many people, glad to see you found the right place for it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

MR 2 is availabe now for SP 3

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ontheexpress
My Device: Blackberry 9700
My Carrier: TDC

Anything on the Domino release of this?

Please use plain text.
ICHAPMAN
My Device: N/A
My Carrier: o2

It seems strange that there is still no update to BES Express for Domino, whilst the Exchange release had an update at the beginning of Janaury.

I say strange as if you look at the previous release dates, both products have been updated within a couple of days of each other normally.

Is there really no update for Domino, or is it just a case of the webpage not having been updated correctly.

Thanks

Iain

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

none that I have seen

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Link to updates files.

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=7B66B4FD401A271A1C7224027CE111BC

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dancadman
My Device: Torch - 9850 & 32GB Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I clicked on the link and I don't see any new ones for BESX 5 Exchange.  Is it just not published yet?  The latest one I see is dated January 2012.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

is only SP3 MR2 at the moment for Exchange, i posted a link to the updates as it was burried a few posts back.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
twigs
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Vodafone Ireland

Hi,

I'm seeing documentation for Service Pack 4 for BESX 5 but no installation files or anything as of yet. Has anyone been able to find anything? This is for Exchange as well as Domino.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.