Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
tarek
My Device: Not Specified

Disabling email sync but keeping calendar sync

Hello,

I hope someone can help me with this.  I'm very new at this stuff, and not really an IT guy, but I'm kind of acting like it for the company I work for.  I just got the BPS, and after days of headaches finally got the one user connected to it and receiving emails!! 

Now what I want to do, as the subject line states, is disable the email sync as the one user (my boss!) doesn't want the emails to be coming on his Blackberry.  But I want to keep the calendar sync, as that's the whole reason we decided to try this system in the first place.  We just want to be able to update the calendar on outlook or the BB and have it sync automatically.  

I'm pretty sure this is possible, but honestly the whole list of IT policies confuses the heck out of me!  Please please please help :smileyhappy:

Thanks in advance!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

Re: Disabling email sync but keeping calendar sync

tarek wrote:

Hello,

I hope someone can help me with this.  I'm very new at this stuff, and not really an IT guy, but I'm kind of acting like it for the company I work for.  I just got the BPS, and after days of headaches finally got the one user connected to it and receiving emails!! 

Now what I want to do, as the subject line states, is disable the email sync as the one user (my boss!) doesn't want the emails to be coming on his Blackberry.  But I want to keep the calendar sync, as that's the whole reason we decided to try this system in the first place.  We just want to be able to update the calendar on outlook or the BB and have it sync automatically.  

I'm pretty sure this is possible, but honestly the whole list of IT policies confuses the heck out of me!  Please please please help :smileyhappy:

Thanks in advance!

Setup a filter for the user so that it filters out all messages so none will be sent.  Don't disable redirection however, otherwise the calendar won't sync.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.