Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Dispatcher Error and Moving BES to different server

The BPS server does not seem to have ESM installed on it.  Just to make sure that you understand the environment I have, I started off with a BPS server installed on a Windows 2003 Server that was running Exchange 2003.  We added a new physical server with Windows 2008 Server installed on it.  Then we installed Exchange 2007 on that new server.  We moved the mailboxes from the old mail server to the new server.  We stopped the Exchange 2003 service and are now using the Exchange 2007 as our main mail server.  The BPS is still installed on the old mail server.  The BPSadmin is in the Active Directory.  I don't know if the BPSadmin has any special permissions or not.  The BlackBerry Enterprise Server seems to be working fine except for the occasional Dispatcher offline issue.  I hope this better explains what I'm trying to do.

Rob Allen

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

What are your plans with BPS? Do you want it to run on the old box or have it somewhere else. Either way you should update the CDO.

BPSAdmin does have permissions. read more here

KB02276 - Assigning permissions for a BlackBerry Enterprise Server service account

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

I would like to put the BPS on the same server as the new Exchange server.  Is that advisable?
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Since you are on 2008 (not supported) you will have to create a VM on it or run BPS on its own box.

Blackberry Professional Software compatibility chart
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/software/professional_compatibility.jsp#tab_tab_compatibility

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor

Okay.

Now just to be sure I understand what you have told me - 

Uninstall ESM

Make sure that the Blackberry Services are stopped and set to manual

Install CDO on the same machine that the BSP is installed on.  Do I need to install anything for MAPI?

Guru III
My Device:

Make sure that the Blackberry Services are stopped and set to manual

Uninstall ESM

Install CDO on the same machine that the BPS is installed on. 

Do not install CDO on the exchange server.

Contributor

I tried to do everything that you listed.  I stopped all the Blackberry services and made sure they were set to Manual.  I could not uninstall ESM because it did not appear to be installed (but Exchange 2003 is installed it's just not in use).  I tried to install CDO but I got an error message saying "Messaging API and Collaboration Data Objects 1.2.1 cannot be installed with this version of Microsoft Exchange."

I'm beginning to think that it might be easier to move the BlackBerry Enterprise Server / Proffesional Services to another machine.

Rob

Guru III
My Device:

The old server running Exchange is causeing the issue since exchange is running.

You could uninstall Exchange. Is the BES admin account move to the 2007 server yet?

Contributor

The BlackBerry Admin Account (BPSAdmin) does appear to have been moved to the 2007 server.

Guru III
My Device:

Then it would have to be moved and any other accounts before you could uninstall Exchange from old server.