Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
stagemgrrob
My Device: Not Specified

Dispatcher Error and Moving BES to different server

Okay here's the deal, I am working on a BES that was set up before I arrived at the company.  Every so often the Dispatcher will stop, emails stop being forwarded, and I have to reboot the server to get it working again.  The error messages I get are:

[SRP] Connection failed (Event ID 20460)

SRPClient::Connect: Error calling host "localhost" [127.0.0.1] (0) (Event ID 20000)

I think the reason that this is happening is because we migrated from a Windows Server 2003 running Exchange Server 2003 system (were BES was installed on the same machine) to a Windows Server 2008 running Exchange Server 2007 (were the BES is now on the old mail server).  I posted a reply to a board that was talking about the error issue I'm have and asked if my set was the cause of the error.  I apologize for my n00bish actions.  I was directed to a KB to migrate BES from MS Exchange 2003 to MS Exchange 2007.  Okay fine.  In doing the steps I realized that my predispose did not apparently use the default name for the BES user account.  The user account I see is BPSadmin, not BESadmin.  Will this be a problem in the migration?  Next, the steps do not mention whether or not I will need to reboot the Exchange Server.  Will I need to reboot the server?  Where do I need to go to find out if Microsoft Exchange System Manager 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2) Version 6.5.7638 or higher is installed on the exchange server?  Do I look on the Old server or the new server?  Finally, does anyone know if this will fix the errors related to the dispatcher?

Rob Allen

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Dispatcher Error and Moving BES to different server

Check your BES version number

1) Go to the Add or Remove Programs Control Panel applet (Start > Run > appwiz.cpl )

2) Locate the reference to "BlackBerry Enterprise Server", select it and then click "Click here for support information.".

3) The publisher listed should be "Research In Motion" and the Version will be the exact version of BES currently installed.

Also you can learn more about the MR level with the bundle number too.

Exchange
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB05131

Domino
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB01346

Group Wise
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB03776

Let us know what you have

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
OzBBerry42
My Device: 8300

Hi,

When doing the install, the BES instance name needs to be the same AS THE OLD BES INSTALLED instance name!!!!!

Also the besadmin service account is set on the Active Directory, not  in the BES.

So as long as the BES install is done under the same BES Admin account that the old BES was done on then their shouldnt be any issues.

But since the error is sporadic , then it can be deduced that the instance name isnt the issue.

The error you've listed isnt the actual problem, but a symptom of the problem.

Check the MAGT logs for errors, espcially around 15 mins prior to that dispatcher error.

See if you can post details of any errors and warnings that appear there...

Several other issues that may cause this:

- New BES Admin service account has domain admin priveleges

- A BES user has Domain admin privileges

- the BES Needs to have Exchange system manager, not the exchange server... You need this to be able to set permisisons and privileges for the BES service account on the exchaneg server (without having to go to the exchange server itself, which may not be possible).

Thats all that comes to mind ATM, post the logs with errors and we will go from there...

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq
Please use plain text.
Contributor
stagemgrrob

What do you mean by MAGT log?  Do you mean the Event viewer?  If so, here are the errors I see right before the Dispatcher went off line:

10/12/2009 8:27:38pm - Warning - Blackberry Policy Service - WorkerThreadPool::CheckSentQueueForTimeouts - After 4 hours the device has not acknowledged receipt of the REQUEST_KEY_GENERATION command, requeuing entry id 62

10/12/2009 8:27:38pm - Warning - Blackberry Policy Service - RequestHandler::smileyfrustrated:endKeyRegenerationRequest: Sending Key Regeneration request to device

10/12/2009 9:52:22pm - Information - Blackberry Dispatcher - [SRP] Dispatcher\SRP Connection dropped, Error=0 [Event ID 50097]

10/12/2009 9:52:25pm - Warning - Blackberry Dispatcher - SRPClient::Connect: Error calling host "localhost" [127.0.0.1] (0)[Event ID 20000]

10/12/2009 9:52:25pm - Warning - Blackberry Dispatcher - SRPClient Connection failed [Event ID 20460]

This continues until I restarted the server at 9:15am or so the following morning.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Since you are going to 2007 just install the CDO 1.2.1 from here instead of ESM 2003 tools.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=94274318-27c4-4d8d-9bc5-3e6484286b1f&Displa...

Stop BES services and set to manual then uninstall ESM

Reboot and install CDO 1.2.1 and start services.

Would help also If we knew what version BES you are on.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
Contributor
stagemgrrob

According to the BlackBerry Manager on the server we are using 4.1.4.17.  According to the Connection Service we are using version 4.1.4.19. And finally in the Control Panel we are using BlackBerryProfessional Software for Microsoft Exchange Version 4.1.4 (Bundle 183).  I hope this is helpful.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Ok You should be ok with doing the CDO update then so long as BPS is NOT installed on the exchange server.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
stagemgrrob

Thank you KnottyRope.

BPS does not appear to be installed on the new Exchange server, neither is ESM.  So all I have to do is download CDO and install it on the new Exchange server?  Will I need to reboot the Exchange server?  And it is your opinion that doing this will fix the issue I am having of the Dispatcher disconnecting?  Do I need to do anything to the old Exchange server where BPS currently is installed?

Rob

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Do NOT install CDO on exchange!

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Install it only on the BPS server after removing ESM.

Please use plain text.