Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
jauly
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Singtel
Accepted Solution

Fail to Enterprise Activation

Company IT had set everything in BES and sent me the activation password. I tried several times and the error message pops up: the BES has not responded to your activation request. An error may have occurred". I did receive etp.dat emails when I started to active and cancel it. But the emails just stayed in my inbox for less then one minute and were deleted automatically. Is this normal? What can I do to active it? Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jauly

Re: Fail to Enterprise Activation

Details of information are :
This may be due to one of the following:
- The email address has been entered incorrectly.
- The activation email has been modified or moved from your email inbox by Spam/Attachment scanning software or a mail client rule.
- You have not yet been added to the Blackberry Enterprise Server.
Please either cancel this request and contact your IT support team or continue to wait for a response.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Is this a BES or BES dataplan?

If on BIS you need toget the activation app

if on BES it should have worked unless there was a time you connected to Desktop software while on corporate PC

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jauly

Thanks, I am on a BIS plan, but I did it through the app called enterprise activation. Is ther any other app I need to download? 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jauly

And I did not connect my phone to my company computer.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

You are doing it correctly, you might need to contact your BESAdmin to look at the BES logs to see why it isnt working

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jauly

Thanks. Does that mean BIS and BES actually are same for Blackberry Enterprise Server connection? Is that possible that the Blackberry Enterprise Server is not competitive BIS connection?
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

BIS is a consumer dataplan aka personal

BES is a Prosumer data plan Enterprise

BES Express 5 will use either one

Full BES require a BES dataplan

Please use plain text.