Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: BB 8710
My Carrier: AT&T

Finding inactive users, conflicting info in Last Contact Date

What's the best way to determine which users are inactive on my BESX (v5.04.11)?  

I've tried viewing users by Last Contact Time, but that doesn't seem to be reliable.  For instance, there's one user who hasn't used a Blackberry in over a year.  But the Last Contact Time is listed as just last week.   I've also tried to compare Last Contact Time with things like Last Message Sent/Forwarded, and IT Policy Sent, but often the dates differ drastically.  

Is there another statistic I can rely on?  Or is there anything I can do in the admin console to clean up the user info for our devices?  

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Finding inactive users, conflicting info in Last Contact Date

pending messages usually tells you if they are not using it

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: BB 8710
My Carrier: AT&T

Thanks.  I'm not sure that will help me in this case - I can confirm a few cases of folks who no longer have BB's, but have a current Last Contact Time and no pending messages.  I'll try using a combination of pending messages, last contact date, last message sent and last message forwarded.  

Seems like the user info might be useful if you're regularly running reports and comparing activity, but doesn't provide a completely accurate snapshot of your user base.  Does that sound like a fair statement?  

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

yeah and if a device was wiped manually and still in service, BES will connect to it still but not transfer anything to it making you think it is avtive

another thing you can do is Send a message from your email account to the users on BES with this in subject line.

$confirm,removeondelivery> Test BES 123

if no reply then they might not have a device active or device is powered off

then send user an email asking if they are still on it

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V