Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
crowdedisland
My Device: Not Specified

First BESX install

I am install BESX 5.03 on a SBS 2011 server which is Windows 2008 R2 adn Exchange 2010 SP1

Two questions

1 I have been following the video tutorial but also the Installation and Configuration Guide.  Each has steps the other doesn't  which one would you follow

2  I get to the point of installing and it tells me my Mapi32.dll and cdo are wrong.  Can I just download and install the mapi/cdo pack from microsft and install or will that mess up my exchange 2010?

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: First BESX install

Full BES will not install on SBS. You will need to get a dedicated server for it or did you post in the wrong area and trying to install BES 5 express?

What version CDO.DLL is installed?

KB04912 - How to check if and where the CDO.dll file is registered on the BlackBerry Enterprise Serv...

CDO 1.2.1 from here
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=94274318-27c4-4d8d-9bc5-3e6484286b1f&Displa...

KB15779 How to install or upgrade CDO 1.2.1

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
crowdedisland

Sorry yes this should be in the BB Express forum sorry.  Can you move it or should re enter it there?

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Mod will move it.

Did you get past CDO install now?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor
crowdedisland

Thanks

No the articles talk about Exchange 2003. I am running 2010 and do not want to mess up the exchange environment so I am being very careful
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Exchange 2007 and 2010 need CDO to be installed before installing BES on SBS.

Do a full backup, install CDO and continue on.