Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
mjolly99
My Device: Not Specified

Force Ringtone To Default

We have an issue with our BB users downloading and setting their 8830's to use all sorts of ring tones that are not suitable when at a customer site.  Is there a way to force the devices to use the default ringtones for calls and message alerts?  We are using the BPS for the server side administration.  Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

Re: Force Ringtone To Default

Unfortunately, no this is not possible.
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mjolly99

I was afraid that was what the answer was going to be.  Does the BES software have more control of items like this?  If not, does RIM have anywhere to make suggestions?  For a device that seems to be tailored to businesses, it really seems like phone related functionality would be under control of the business via BPS/BES.  Thanks for the assistance!
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne

mjolly99 wrote:
I was afraid that was what the answer was going to be.  Does the BES software have more control of items like this?  If not, does RIM have anywhere to make suggestions?  For a device that seems to be tailored to businesses, it really seems like phone related functionality would be under control of the business via BPS/BES.  Thanks for the assistance!

No, BES doesn't have more control of things like this ... take a look at the complete BES Policy Reference Guide. If you'd like to make a suggestion for a feature addition / change, send an email to bbsuggestions@rim.com.  Significant business related fuctions are under control through IT Policy; this one apparently was either determined to not be a need or wasn't high enough on the list to get implemented ... or maybe no one else thought of it.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mjolly99

Thanks for the suggestion email address.  I may be in more of a unique situation than I think, managing a group of very intelligent guys in their 20's that are into the culture of making their cell phones unique.  We just don't see songs like "Baby Got Back" as appropriate for customer consumption.  Thanks again for the assistance.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne

mjolly99 wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion email address.  I may be in more of a unique situation than I think, managing a group of very intelligent guys in their 20's that are into the culture of making their cell phones unique.  We just don't see songs like "Baby Got Back" as appropriate for customer consumption.  Thanks again for the assistance.

... I couldn't agree more; it is time for them to grow up and realize what is appropriate and what is not.  "Baby Got Back" ... I figure they'd use something more recent.

Please use plain text.