Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: HTML Email (5.0 Licensing Specifics)

I know, and I've told them, but the owner got an iPod, and he connected it to the Exchange server himself. He's stoked, and when I told him it would cost nearly $3000 to get HTML email that he gets on the iPod for free, he decided on the spot to switch the company to iPods.

GaryK

Re: HTML Email

I love my Blackberry, but unfortunately we are in the same boat.

Our company won't spend that much money to get something that other devices get for free.

Our 25 Blackberrys are coming out of contract in 3 months, they will be changed over to Windows Mobiles and iPhones.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

You are going to spend how much in new phones?

100x25=2500 only 300 less than cost of BES upgrade. 

Carriers have been offering a free BES (knot BPS) server with 20 activations of new phones.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked with our carrier, Verizon, and they are not offering this deal to us.

GaryK

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Check out this link

http://www.berryreview.com/2009/09/09/att-deeply-discounting-bes-cal-user-packs-in-september/

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor

Thanks. The position of management here is that if we're going to switch carriers because of this, we're going to switch phones. They want to upgrade their servers to Server 2008, and BES won't yet run on Server 2008, and there's no definitive information about when/in it ever will. They are also telling me that they don't want to stick with RIM because they feel burned by what they see as RIMs arbitrary product-support decisions.

GaryK

Guru III
My Device:

BES 5.0 does work on 2008 since around May.

Contributor

Ahh. Good to know. I'll point that out, but I'll be surprised if they change their minds. The deciding issue for them is RIM's support, or lack of same. Management feels burned/abandoned/betrayed. The boss said, "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me." I'm not sure I blame them. RIM is at best ambiguous about it's commitment to the Small Business space.

GaryK

knottyrope wrote:

You are going to spend how much in new phones?

100x25=2500 only 300 less than cost of BES upgrade. 

Carriers have been offering a free BES (knot BPS) server with 20 activations of new phones.

True, but we are going to have to spend that on new blackberrys anyway, as they are getting old.

I'll check with our carrier to see if they have this deal.

Contributor

Plus, I forgot to mention, they have only eight phones, so they can't reach the 20 threshold.

GaryK