Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
askjoel
My Device: Not Specified

Re: HTML Emails

Clients want to see html email - rightly or wrongly.  A high proportion of email today is not just text and anyone who compares an non-text email on the iphone to the text only on the bb will rarely pick the text only version.

In researching the issue of HTML email, now available on both BIS and BES but still not BPS, the only statement I could find from "RIM sources" was an upgrade to BPS was on the 2009 roadmap. So, I stand by my earlier statement.

As 2008 has come and gone and BPS still does not have HTML email, my clients are continuing to be disappointed and I agree with them.  Purchasing BES to solve this issue for a 6-10 user site is not going to happen.

Activesync on the iphone is a strong challenger to BPS - I have tested it and it performs as advertised. 

So perhaps RIM can shed some light on this issue.  I cannot believe that getting a BPS version out is such a big deal.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
elCheapoDeluxe

Even my AT&T Tilt, awful Windows Mobile interface and all, supported HTML email with ease. If we were to look just at all the threads on this forum from people waiting for HTML mail on BPS, that listing would be pages and pages of threads. It is time to give us some updated information.
Please use plain text.
gyrex

When will HTML email be supported on Blackberry Professional Server (BPS)?

Can someone from RIM please inform us when or IF html email support will be enabled on BPS? I'd like to know so I can make an informed decision on whether to refresh our current blackberry stock with Storms, iphones or windows mobile devices.

Kind regards.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
elCheapoDeluxe

Re: When will HTML email be supported on Blackberry Professional Server (BPS)?

Ditto.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
spaceyme

Re: When will HTML email be supported on Blackberry Professional Server (BPS)?

[ Edited ]

I think the answer is 'when hell freezes over'

EDIT:united threads
Message Edited by dany_s on 02-02-2009 02:19 AM
Please use plain text.
Contributor
spaceyme

Still no official response from RIM as BPS users are second class citizens it seems. This is the proper HTML thread so why people can't look on page 2 or 3 or search is beyond me but what can you do.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
bumblepie
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

With all the hype about 4.5, its very very unlikely..

Everyone, think about it.

BPS has never been service packed since it conception and delivery release.

Its a taster of what you could have if you paid for the upgrade. When RIM are the only ones in the world with this technology and precision, they can charge what they want for it. DATA plans included.

They aren't going to say yes, or no for html..

But think about it carefully... we are up to 4.1.7 service pack for full bes and are about to release 4.5 full bes.. why would a company waste time going backwards to enhance something they make bugger all money from..

:smileytongue:

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Please use plain text.
Contributor
spaceyme

But think about it carefully... we are up to 4.1.7 service pack for full bes and are about to release 4.5 full bes.. why would a company waste time going backwards to enhance something they make bugger all money from..

This argument hardly makes sense. BPS is almost identical to BES and it'd take "bugger all" effort on RIM's behalf to bring it up to speed. BPS would make a very reasonable income for RIM for all those small business with under 30 users and the licensing revenue generated. Why would RIM want to piss off a whole pile of people with BB's and BPS installations? It's in their interest to bring BPS up to speed and it's just poor form that they've taken so long.

The ONLY thing BES has that BPS people want is HTML support. Considering BIS has HTML support it's another "wtf" is up with RIM? Paying thousands for BES is simply not an option for small businesses, and it's simply going to deter people from getting BBs in the future.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

looky here too

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BPS&thread.id=1593

Message Edited by knottyrope on 02-16-2009 05:22 PM

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.