Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Help setting up BPS

Hello -

I have run through the setup wizard for BPS and I cannot get email flowing to my Blackberry. I read a bunch of documentation and think I set things up properly (but obviously something is wrong).

Can someone help me get started? I am not even sure where the failure is happening.

Two things that catch my eye in Blackberry Manager are the following:

IT Policy Status: Error

Last Result: Failed forwarding message

The status on the user in Blackberry Manager says running and I see the PIN of the device attached to the user.

In server configuration on Blackberry router tab the test gives me the following result:

Attempting to connect to :
 srp.us.blackberry.net (206.51.26.33), port 3101
 Successful
 Attempting to connect to :
 srp.us.blackberry.net (204.187.87.33), port 3101
 Successful

Thanks

MindIT

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Help setting up BPS

Try resending service books.

Is this a new device?

Was it on a BES/BPS before?

What OS version and device type?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

I resent service books, nothing seemed to change other than it said the resending of service books was successfully queued.

It is a new device.

This is the first server it has ever been connected to. And there arent any other devices attached to this server yet.

I am tracking down the OS version and type for you, the user is out of the office at the moment.

Thanks for the help.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

Did the HH ever finish activation? I fyes the the HH info will be in BPS

Does the HH have the proper BES data plan (more expensive than BIS)?

Message Edited by knottyrope on 07-07-2009 05:26 PM

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

I dont know if it finished activation. How can I tell? I plugged it in to the server via USB and it recognized it. It allowed me to attache the device to the user and I can see the PIN next to the user's account in Blackberry Manager.

I dont see any detailed information in the BPS like what model and software version it is running. Those fields are blank.

I tried doing some wireless activation stuff on the device but it just seemed to sit there in perpituity doing nothing. Initially I thought this was a firewall problem, but even when I allowed port 3101 through the firewall it did not allow the phone to complete wireless activation.

Yes the device has the proper data plan, we verified that in the beginning.

Thanks again.

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

wipe the device and start from scratch.

Set a new Enterprise Activation password ... does it activate?

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
New Contributor

Will do as you instructed. It will likely be a few days before I can get my hands on the device again. Will report back.