Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
amargibr
My Device: bold
My Carrier: Claro
Accepted Solution

How to Block BIS acess after migrating to BESX

Hello guys,

it seems many people are facing the same problems as myself.

For security reasons we decided to move from BIS service to BESX but some users that have their own devices still can access their mailboxes.

We are currently running Exchange Server 2003 and OWA is enabled in order to allow them to acess their e-mail.

I couldn't find an ultimate solution for this issue, while the IP adresses for BIS and BESX are currently the same.

Any good ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Gilberto Amaral

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: How to Block BIS acess after migrating to BESX

in IIS or your firewall block ports 80, 443, pop and IMAP from the IPs in this list

Firewall and connection requirements for the BlackBerry Internet Service

once done BIS will no longer be able to access you mail system.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.