Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

How to Disable BlackBerry User on temporary basis

Hi,

BES EXP 5.0.3

MS Exchange 2003

My question ism how can I disable a blackberry user for few days, there is a option to disable it but user not able to send or receive mails after enable it again.

we have to take backup, > wipe and then re-activation.

Is there is any other way, by which we can disabel any user and enable it without re-activation.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: How to Disable BlackBerry User on temporary basis

how long did you wait after you enabled the user again?

why do you disable the user?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Advisor III

Max 4 to 5 hrs otherwise how long should I wait?

There is process of manadatory leave, and we have to disable blackberry I'd as well of the person who is on mandy leave.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

disable removes user from BES so yes you would have to reactivate them.

better way would be to disable Redirection instead

in BAS click on the user, then Default Configuration on bottom, then click Edit on bottom and under Services tab, Redirect to BlackBerry device set to no to stop email going to them.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Forums Advisor III

Redirection can stop receiving mails on handheld but he would be able to send mails from handheld..

Thanks..!!
Guru III
My Device:

thats true he could send, but these devices were not meant to be turned on and off at any given time.

you could change permissions on the users account but BES will toss many errors or you could set user to static agent so most can be ignored.

if this is a work device only and no personal stuff is on it, just wipe it from BES. then activate when needed.