Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
johnthenerd
My Device: bold 9700

How to Remove a Device from BES

You would think this is a common task.  I have a blackberry that i will no longer be using on my BES server, I wish to give it to someone else, how do i remove this blackberry from BES.

The only command that comes close is "Delete all device data and disable device" .  What does disable device mean, do i end up with a paper weight instead of a blackberry?  WIll i be able to continue using the blackberry outside of the BES environment.

Thank you for any insight

Cheers

John

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: How to Remove a Device from BES

johnthenerd wrote:

You would think this is a common task.  I have a blackberry that i will no longer be using on my BES server, I wish to give it to someone else, how do i remove this blackberry from BES.

The only command that comes close is "Delete all device data and disable device" .  What does disable device mean, do i end up with a paper weight instead of a blackberry?  WIll i be able to continue using the blackberry outside of the BES environment.

Thank you for any insight

Cheers

John

Delete all device data and disable device, is what you want to do. It will wipe it to factory state so you can give to another user.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V