Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

How to update Mapi/CDO on Exchange 2003 server?

I updated the Mapi/CDO on the BES, but now it is versions ahead of the Exchange 2003 servers. I would like to update the Mapi/CDO files on the exchange server to match. Also based upon the compatibility matrix, the newest version is recommended (and works for my 32bit exchange 2003 sp2). There is no documentation in the BES 5.x install guide. So how do I do it? And will it require a reboot?

Thanks,

P

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: How to update Mapi/CDO on Exchange 2003 server?

northvibe wrote:

I updated the Mapi/CDO on the BES, but now it is versions ahead of the Exchange 2003 servers. I would like to update the Mapi/CDO files on the exchange server to match. Also based upon the compatibility matrix, the newest version is recommended (and works for my 32bit exchange 2003 sp2). There is no documentation in the BES 5.x install guide. So how do I do it? And will it require a reboot?

Thanks,

P

You dont update CDO on Exchange 2003 as ESM is installed.

you can run Microsoft Update ( Knot Windows Update) to updae ESM and CDO on the exchange server.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Regular Contributor

Thanks Knottyrope.

Well I did the microsoft update. It only found 1 security update for Exchange. Otherwise it was only server 2003 updates.

After reading some, sounds like you update ESM. But I cannot find just that application to update. Or download from MS. It is said to be on the exchange, disk, but that will be out of date.

so is it okay to have the BES at 6.5.8xxx and the exchange at 6.5.7xxx ? We are moving to exchange 2013 but it will be a few months. :smileysad:
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

i am running latest CDO on my BES 5 SP4 and Exchange 2003 SP2

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Regular Contributor

What version is running on your exchange?
Regular Contributor

Here is the builds for MS

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/158530

I'm on 6.5.7638.1

Two builds behind. But people say its working with our current setup. As long as it works until exchange 2013 is setup. I'm fine. But I still cannot figure out how to update exchange ESM. There are no pending exchange updates via microsoft upate and I'm on SP2. 

Guru III
My Device:

My CDO version on Exchange is 6.5.7651.61