Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
BertP
My Device: Not Specified

IEMSTest Failures

I have tried to get BES Express running a few times in the past and have never been successful.  With the release of BB10, I thought I should give it another try.

I am running Exchange 2010 SP1 and have BES Express 5.0.4.  As far as I can tell, I have done everything that the installation manual says I need to do (there are 2 exceptions so far I'll detail at the end).  Before actually trying to install BES Express, I thought I should run the IEMSTest.  The result is:

C:\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0.4\bundle0038\tools>iemstest
BlackBerry Enterprise Server Utility - IEMSTest.exe (IExchangeManageStore), Version 1.0
Copyright (c) Research In Motion, Ltd. 1999. All rights reserved.
Opening Default Message Store BESAdmin@mydomain.com

BESAdmin: Opening message store using
        /o=MyDomain/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=BESAdmin
        /o=MyDomain/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=EXCH01/cn=Microsoft Private MDB
BESAdmin: Mailbox opened successfully
BESAdmin: Root Folder opened successfully
BESAdmin: Failed to create a folder in mailbox
BESAdmin: CDO Server Name: EXCH01
BESAdmin: CDO Mailbox DN: /o=MyDomain/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=BESAdmin
BESAdmin: CreateInstance failed (0x800401f3)
BESAdmin: CDO test failed
BESAdmin: No Send As permission for the {MYDOMAIN\BESAdmin} account operator.
BESAdmin: Initializing EWS Proxy... successful
BESAdmin: Configuring User... successful
BESAdmin: EWS calendar find request... failed

C:\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0.4\bundle0038\tools>

Why am I getting all of the failures?

Bert

The parts that I couldn't get to work according to the instructions are the "MaxSessionPerUser" setting - I have no idea how to set it.  And the "Windows Messaging SubSystem" registry key does not exist (2K8R2)

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: IEMSTest Failures

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BertP

Well, I'll go back through everything again, but I have done this a number of times.  The document I am working from now is BlackBerry_Enterprise_Server_Express_for_Microsoft_Exchange-Installation_and_Configuration_Guide-1326835500929-5.0.4-en  and everything I have done shows up as already having been done (as I mentioned, this is the 4th or 5th time trying to get BES to run).

Bert

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

can you run the test on a BES enabled user?

i think you did it on BESAdmin and it will fail on send as

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BertP

How do you do that?  I am simply following the instructions in the manual I mentioned in my last post. 

Remember also that BES is not installed yet.  I want to make sure that everything that needs to be done is done correctly before I even attempt the insatllation.  I have yet to get BES running satisfactorally so I want to make sure that any problem that does arise is not something that I screwed up.

Bert

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

the test on BESAdmin will fail since it already has send as for it self by default

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BertP

So, are you saying that the results I am getting are the ones you would expect to get?

I checked Echange and it says that BESAdmin has Send As permission.

Bert

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

correct

try it on a BES enabled user after

Please use plain text.