Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
harpert
My Device: Not Specified

IEMSTest.exe error

Hi,

I seem to have (major) issues getting this version of BESExpress running.

- New SBS 2008 installation
- Exchange 2007 SP2

- New BES Express 5.0.4 installation

- all security settings set (I think)

- Login as BESAdmin

The following error occurs:

confuserfail.png

Any user I try gives the same error. ALL tests are succesfull, but the CONFIGURING USER.

Adding a device to a user (using a cable, connected to a client computer with the proper software installed and security settings activated) creates the following error

"Unable to retrieve specific device attributes from the device that is connected to your computer"

the device is not wiped (because after wiping and not being able to connect it, the address book would be empty and the phone "unusable")

Any help would be appreciated

Small business server was formerly installed on the same PC as was the 4.0 version of BESExpress and that ran without any issues.

Harpert

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: IEMSTest.exe error

config user is shown when not using EWS for Calendar sync.

look at MAGT and MDAT for activation issues

default location :\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerryEnterprise Server\Logs

Also look in event veiwer to seef if any errors or warnings pertain to your issue

Please post back the log info minus personal info

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
oliwer
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB

The issue does not prevent the Enterprise Activation.
EA via cable could be PC related (e.g. driver, firewall, Antivirus, IE Security settings...).

What happens when you try to activate wireless?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
harpert

Thanks for your reply.

Wireless activation will not work due to the BIS subscription with KPN (local telephone service provider)
activations must be done using a cable

In the past I have used the Blackberry Desktop software to activate and change my phone(s)

Now when I connect, it says:

The Administrator has not yet added your mail account to the Blackberry Enterprise Server

activation impossible.png

Also I have tried using the WEBconsole and Administration console.
the phone is recognized by the software, but I receive an error when trying to associate the phone with any user.

PHONES are NOT WIPED!!!!

when I would wipe the phone, all information would be gone. Addressbooks are in those phone and if I am unable to get the phone associated with the user, this user looses all contacts on it's phone.

regards, Harpert

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
oliwer

You can sync the phone with desktop manager to outlook first or create a backup prior of wiping.
For wireless EA: It is possible, just go to App World and download the Enterprise Activation app. Its from RIM for BIS activated SIM cards for BES Express wireless EA.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
harpert

Hi,

I have tried wiping the phone and reconnecting.

Does not work

I keep getting the same messages.

When using the Blackberry Administration interface, the device is found, but can't be associated to any user.

Wireless activation (even when using the Wireless Enterprice activation tool downloaded from the app world) is not working / not supported by KPN.

PLEASE I am getting desperate.....

WHAT can I do.....

Fresh installation of SBS 2008

Using the Administrator account, fresh installation of BES Express

Using the BESAdmin account, IEMSTest all ok but the last, configuring user

The Webconsole only allows me to login using the ADMIN account (not BESAdmin)

Th LOG files are not clearing anything for me. (they seem very complicated)

The funny part is.... on the old installation (done 2 years ago) with the "old" BesExpress, it worked fine and within the hour)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
harpert

Hi

thanks for contributing.

Wireless activation is not supported apparently by KPN (my GSM provider network)

tried Wire Activation on 2 different computers.

1: running Windows7 64bit

2: running Windows XP (32) servipack 3

IEMSTest when running on the server, logged in as BESAdmin, all succesfull but Configuring user (failed)

When connecting the phone (either to Win7 PC or Winxp PC) is recognized.

When trying to associate:

The BlackBerry Administration Service was unable to retrieve specific device attributes from the device that is connected to your computer.

So..... I am completely LOST here.... (this issue has been going on for over 7 days)

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

BES does not support a BIS dataplan.

Upgrade your account to a BES DataPlan.

also test it to be sure

It is a BESAdmin rite of passage to go through the gauntlet of correcting the right BES data plan with your carrier.

Under Manage Connections on the device (OS 5 and higher), there's a services status which tells if connected to the data network.

For BES dataplan testing.

Want to check if a device is provisioned correctly?

https://www.blackberry.com/besc/dashboard/

Then use the Enterprise Activation Readiness tool.

All at absolutely no cost to you or your organization!

The BESC gives you a suite of valuable tools, and includes a Complimentary Support Incident should you need to contact BlackBerry Technical Support directly.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
oliwer

He's writing about BlackBerry Express which supports BIS Dataplan.

Did you checked that:
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB20015

And: did you try a wirless activiation or do you just think it is not supported?
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

OIC he posted in the Full BES area.

for BIS you have these choices WIpe it, use desktop mkanager, use Web Desktop manager on BES via a PC or use the app ( not all carriers support it though but most do)

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Professional-Software/Activating-Devices-That-are-...

Please use plain text.