Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
jtrout4002
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Installing BPS on a different server when the Exchange server

Is there a way to install BPS onto a server without Exchange installed, then link to another server that is running Exchange?  I've been trying to install BPS onto my Exchange server, and everytime it wants to crash my Exchange server.  It kills IIS, OWA, and eventually knocks the server completely offline.

I'm running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Installing BPS on a different server when the Exchange server

Yes you can.

Meet all the prerequistises along with installing Exchange System Manager at the same service pack of your exchange server and start the install of BPS.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

Please read the documentation on BPS.  It explains how to install ...
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Documentation might explain it, but the question is still asked often enough.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

Yes, the OP asked if there was a way to do it ...rather than just saying yes I pointed them to the documention that provided a step-by-step process to do so.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.
Contributor
MerryBerry
My Device: Not Specified

Make sure you have the right permissions. On the local machine that will host BPS, make sure that (1)the BESAdmin account is a member of the local administrator group, (2) has "Allow log on as a service" rights and (3) "Allow Log on Locally". Also on the Exchange Server, make sure that the BESAdmin is added as (1) Exchange View-Only administrator and has (2) Send-As, Receive-As and Admin rights on the Information Store.   Now on the machine that will host the BPS make sure that you have the Exchange Server Manager installed. If you have all of this then you can go ahead install SQL and then BPS. You can refer to this documentation http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02276&slic...
Please use plain text.