Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: none

Invalid digital signature on installation files?

[ Edited ]

I have a Server 2008 R2 x64 with Exchange 2010 Enterprise installed.

I am attempting to install BBE 5.0.3 Bundle 12.

i am told i need to install JRE / JDK v6 update 18 , i did install the newer version but the BBE installer does not recognize them.

I get an error trying to install the 32bit variation that the digital signature is invalid on data1.cab file if i try to manually install the jre-6u18-windows-i586.exe how ever jdk-6u18-windows-i586.exe installs fine and the BBE install picks it up.

If i try to install Java via the BBE installer

> The Setup application will install Jave Runtime Environment 6.0 update 18

but once it gets to this step of installing, i get a security alert:

"this page requires a secure connection which includes server authentication

the certificateIssuer for this site is untrusted or unknown do you wish to proceed"

I choose yes and then immediatly get

" JRE 6u18 installation has failed

Please check the install log for more information"

Setup will now exit"

Logs show:

Product: Java Auto Updater -- Error 1330.A file that is required cannot be installed because the cabinet file C:\Users\MailAdmin\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\AU\au.cab has an invalid digital signature.  This may indicate that the cabinet file is corrupt.  Error 266 was returned by WinVerifyTrust.

So i can then not install BBE

I have redownloaded the file several times, extracted it on another system even then copied it to this server with no go.

Any input would be appreciated as i need to get BBE up and runing on this server.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Invalid digital signature on installation files?

I have not seen that issue.

I would call support

https://www.blackberry.com/besc/dashboard/

All at absolutely no cost to you or your organization!

The BESC gives you a suite of valuable tools, and includes a Complimentary Support Incident should you need to contact BlackBerry Technical Support directly.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: 9630

Did you ever get resolution to this issue?  We are seeing the exact same thing trying to bring up an instance of Blackberry Mobile Fusion.  Very frustrating to say the least. 

My Device: N/A

Try installing the 64bit version of Java.  Typically it is found in a folder titled jdk1.6.0_18 under the tools folder.