Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Keep message duration policy

they are sort of reported in device status in BES but there is no history kept that am aware of

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

No Sleep Till BlackBerry 10, A BlackBerry Song by Lil E Click here to listen

See me at BlackBerry Fans Get Hands-On BlackBerry 10 Demo

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MSMMSM
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks for your reply. I really need to sort this situation, but unfortunately I haven't managed to do so yet.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MSMMSM
My Carrier: T-Mobile

This is becoming a huge problem for me. Some of our executives are getting really pissed, and I am unsure how to proceed. Where are messages held in BlackBerry Bold 9900? ... in application memory? ... on memory card? ... is it possible that users are just getting too much messages or opening big attachments on BlackBerry and consuming all available memory. I have one user that has only 4 days of e-mail messages on his BlackBerry Bold 9900, although his Inbox on server is huge, and days to keep messages setting on BlackBerry is set to "Forever". Is it really possible that nothing can be done to solve this or to prove through logs that this really is a low memory condition, and that BlackBerry just removes e-mail messages from device?

Heeeelp :smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

MSMMSM wrote:

This is becoming a huge problem for me. Some of our executives are getting really pissed, and I am unsure how to proceed. Where are messages held in BlackBerry Bold 9900? ... in application memory? ... on memory card? ... is it possible that users are just getting too much messages or opening big attachments on BlackBerry and consuming all available memory. I have one user that has only 4 days of e-mail messages on his BlackBerry Bold 9900, although his Inbox on server is huge, and days to keep messages setting on BlackBerry is set to "Forever". Is it really possible that nothing can be done to solve this or to prove through logs that this really is a low memory condition, and that BlackBerry just removes e-mail messages from device?

Heeeelp :smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

messages database is kept in device memory and attachments are not kept on device really, you use the distiller on BES to see them unless you download to device memory or onto memory card.

When you say huge mailbox, how huge? I had people with 20k items that would have info be removed once device hits low memory.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

No Sleep Till BlackBerry 10, A BlackBerry Song by Lil E Click here to listen

See me at BlackBerry Fans Get Hands-On BlackBerry 10 Demo

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

Please use plain text.