Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
pre-construct
My Device: Havent got one
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

Make BlackBerry Web Desktop Manager available to users

Hi,

I've very recently installed BES Express 5.03 onto my server. I have connected one Blackberry device and it appears to sucessfully sending and receiving email, synchronising contacts etc. and working as it should.

I can log into The administration service and Web desktop manager on the server no problems.

When i try and load https://<full_computer_name>/webdesktop/login into a browser on any other computer it thinks about it for a while and then it thinks about if for a while then says "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".

I think i've missed  a step in the guide somewhere but can't tell where.

I've tried adding the web address to list of trusted sites but that hasn't worked.

I've tried logging in as the Blackberry user and that didn't work either.

I added the user to the Blackberry web desktop manager user group to see if that worked.

I have searched the forums but can't find anything specific as most problems associate with logging into administration consol and I have no problems there.

Where am I going wrong?  

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Make BlackBerry Web Desktop Manager available to users

check your server firewall that hosts BES and see if those ports are blocked to access WDM

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pre-construct
My Device: Havent got one
My Carrier: O2

Yes you are right it was Windows Firewall blocking the port.

I guess because BESX is running as a local service.

Thanks very much.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

BES install does not modify the firewall rules. :smileywink:

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.