Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
hutchingsp
My Device: Not Specified

Migrating BES Express to new hardware?

I have a BES Express 5.0.3 server running on Windows 2003 R2 using the bundled SQL Express.

I want to replace it with a Windows 2008 R2 box with the same or a different server name.

I've read a few documents that seem to suggest building a new server as a brand new/separate BES and using Transporter to move the accounts over.

What's the simplest way to do this please?

Thanks,

Paul

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Migrating BES Express to new hardware?

hutchingsp wrote:

I have a BES Express 5.0.3 server running on Windows 2003 R2 using the bundled SQL Express.

I want to replace it with a Windows 2008 R2 box with the same or a different server name.

I've read a few documents that seem to suggest building a new server as a brand new/separate BES and using Transporter to move the accounts over.

What's the simplest way to do this please?

Thanks,

Paul

get a new SRP and CAL on order (it free) and then install new BES and use transporter to move users over.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hutchingsp
My Device: Not Specified

As in just go here and download it again?

http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/business/server/express/

Obviously having already registered and downloaded it I'd like to be sure I'm not going to somehow render my current BES invalid by "de-registering" it or something.

Thanks,

Paul

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

you can order up to 9 at a time and it wont de register your current SRP.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.