Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Migrating a BB device from BPS to BESX

Hello.

I have one user left in our BPS server virtual machine.  I want to migrate him to the BESX server to finally shut down the VM running the BPS.  What would be the suggested procedure to do the migrate?  Please tell me if this is correct:

• Delete user from BB Manager in the BPS server - wait a little while to make sure that the user is completely removed from the database and BlackBerry info has been successfully removed from Exchange 2007 user's mailbox.
    • Shutdown BPS and the virtual machine for good.
    • Now, on the BESX Administrator, add the user with activation password.
    • Activate the user's device.

Do have to do anything on the BB device after I delete the user from BPS?

Thanks in advance.

I don't have a BB device. I just manage the BESX and BPS servers in our organization.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Migrating a BB device from BPS to BESX

you will need to wipe the device to remove the encryption keys or use transporter to move user over while keeping the settings

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Regular Contributor

knottyrope, thank you.

Where can I find the "transporter"?

Does "wiping" a device removes only the corporate email/contact/calendar data from the BB device?

I don't have a BB device. I just manage the BESX and BPS servers in our organization.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

transporter is part of the BRK

http://us.blackberry.com/support/server_resourcekit.jsp

wiping removes everything off the device

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Thanks again.

The BlackBerry Enterprise Transporter is "Used to move one or more user accounts from a BlackBerry Domain to a different BlackBerry Domain".  But I'm not going to move the BB device from one domain to another.  It is just going to be moved from a BPS server to a BESX server in the same Exchange 2007 domain.  Do I still need the transporter?

BB Manager in the BPS server shows Version 4.1.4.15 and the BSEX is Ver. 5.0.2.29.

Guru III
My Device:

it is not talking about a windows domain, a BlackBerry domain is dedicated to a BES database. Since you are moving from one BES to another, it is going to a new BalckBerry domain.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for clarifying that.

I downloaded the brk-besuseradminx4.1.7.2.exe because the warning says to download the version which corresponds to our BPS version.  I extracted it and in it, there are two .exe files: BESUserAdminClient.exe and BESUserAdminService.exe.  I double-clicked on the BESUserAdminClient.exe and it opened a command prompt quickly and disappeared.  I have no idea what it did.  I don't want to doubleclick the other .exe file until I am certain that I downloaded the right package.  Is the "transporter" an option from the BB Manager after I run these two exe files?

Guru III
My Device:

you need teh BRK for the new BES server

Regular Contributor

But will it work with our BPS 4.1....?

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

But will it work with our BPS 4.1....? 

<< I only clicked "Post" once but it double posted my reply!  Sorry. >>