Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
My Device: We have many different types

Migration Exchange 2010 -> 2013 different subnets/servers

Hi folks,

Current situation: 2 servers, 1 Exchange server 2010 fully updated and 1 BES Express server version 5.0.4.27 both residing in subnet A.

Now I need to implement a new Exchange server (2013) in subnet B (different location). I know The BESX in subnet A can only work with 1 Exchange version, but is it possible to install an new BESX in subnet B that takes care of the Exchange 2013 users? (Maybe work with a BESADMIN2 user instead of the regular BESADMIN?)

The Exchange 2010 and BESX in subnet A will be decommissioned.

If they have to do a new Enterprise Activation, that's not really a problem.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Migration Exchange 2010 -> 2013 different subnets/servers

LordDraco wrote:

Hi folks,

Current situation: 2 servers, 1 Exchange server 2010 fully updated and 1 BES Express server version 5.0.4.27 both residing in subnet A.

Now I need to implement a new Exchange server (2013) in subnet B (different location). I know The BESX in subnet A can only work with 1 Exchange version, but is it possible to install an new BESX in subnet B that takes care of the Exchange 2013 users? (Maybe work with a BESADMIN2 user instead of the regular BESADMIN?) YES that will work

The Exchange 2010 and BESX in subnet A will be decommissioned.

If they have to do a new Enterprise Activation, that's not really a problem.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V