Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: BPS 4.1.4.3
Accepted Solution

Move 8 Users from BPS to BESX (Same Domain, different DBs)

Hello,

I am wondering what the best way to move users from BPS on one server to a BESX on a different server.  They are in the same domain, but using different DBs.  All of our phones are on a BES plan.  I understand that wireless activation is available for the BES plans, but will we need to wipe our phones in order to move to BESX?

Thanks for your help.

New Contributor

Re: Move 8 Users from BPS to BESX (Same Domain, different DBs)

I should add that we would like to keep BPS in place with users on it at the time, although are planning on replacing it with BESX for the other server soon.

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

We had the same situaution and we had to wipe the phones to get them to active with the besx server

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

New Contributor

Thanks for the help.  I ended up installing the Transporter on the 2003 server with BPS and configuring using this link:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/7534/BB_ET_overview_554166_11.jsp . 

I then ran a test.  I was amazed to find that my phone actually synced OTA and it is a BIS data plan.  Only thing that happened was my contacts were duplicated for some reason.  Anyone know why that would have happened?  The phone was my personal one, but I didn't think it would add my personal contacts to the Exchange account that I had synced with.  Thanks.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Start with this.

KB10953 - Contacts do not synchronize between BlackBerry smartphones and Microsoft Outlook

Also this works well too
In outlook Make a new folder for contacts called backup

move all contacts to the folder and wait for all to be removed from device

then pull battery on device and put back in

After device boots move contacts from backup to the contacts folder and wait for them all to appear

Make a new contact in outlook and see if it gets to the device.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V