Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Multiple Unite Activations

OK so i downloaded the North American release of Unite and went to activate my device and all went well. Now just for testing purposes, I deactivated my device from Unite to see how the device would be affected. I then reactivated my device again on Unite. As default I left the browser as the Unite browser to test it out. Well when I went to check my calendar on my device, I noticed now I had two Unite calendars. So basically from the first activation, the service books were never cleared when it was deactivated. So I decided to go check my service and sure enough I have two Unite [CICAL] service books. So I deleted one and although it deleted the duplicate calendar, it also deleted my web browser. So from a logical standpoint I logged into my BIS site to resend my service books and that did NOT fix the issue. Apparently the Unite service books cant be re-sent or I dont know how to do it. Luckily I went back into my service books on my device and I was able to "undelete" the last service book and it automatically added my browser back. However now I have two Unite [IPPP] service books and I am skeptical to deleting one because I dont want to lose some features. Should I have two [IPPP] service books? Also if in the future I accidently delete some Unite service books, how do I get them back without crippling my device?

Re: Multiple Unite Activations

I would try to delete those service books again and then maybe doing a host routing table to see if that brings your browser back.
Highlighted
Retired

Re: Multiple Unite Activations

Virex wrote:

OK so i downloaded the North American release of Unite and went to activate my device and all went well. Now just for testing purposes, I deactivated my device from Unite to see how the device would be affected.

Depending what steps you took to deactivate your device it may be normal for you to have duplicate service books.  If you performed a security wipe or used the deactivate device option on the Unite! console then all data (including service books) on your device would be erased.  If you did not wipe/deactivate your device then it is difficult to determine exactly what was left behind.

As for re-activating your device, please see the following link in the online help section.  This process is the same as the steps you followed to activate your device initially.