Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
T0bster
My Device: Bold
Accepted Solution

New BES Express installation - Cannot activate Blackberry

Dear Experts,

I have installed BES Express 5.0.3 on a Windows 2008 R2 virtual Server (hyper-V).  The installation succeeded with no errors.

I can access the administration service and I have set up my policies, groups and a test user.  However I cannot activate a Blackberry and I am seeing error logs in the event viewer.  The errors I am seeing include events IDs 373 and 695 about the Blackberry Notification System and more importantly 20460 and 20000 from Blackberry Controller saying unable to connect.

I installed BES Express using my BESadmin account which is a member of the local administrators group.  Also my BESadmin account is a member of the View-Only Organization Management group.

I can send and receive email from my BESadmin account in OWA.

I installed SQL as part of the BES installation and specified Windows authentication.

I have Exchange 2010 installed on Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Toby

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: New BES Express installation - Cannot activate Blackberry

is SQL browser running?

did you open port 3101 outbound initated bi diretional on firewall?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
T0bster

Thanks for the response knotty ropse.

I figured out that the activation email was net getting to the user's mailbox because it was getting redirected to our old Exchange server by the firewall.  We have now changed over the port redirection rules on our firewall, so the email should get to the user.

Will test tomorrow and see what happens.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

ok, let us know how you progress

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor
T0bster

It's working - Thanks :-)

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

welcome