Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

New BlackBerry 10 devices and Enterprise Server Express

Hi.

I am not sure I am posting my questions in the correct forum. We have a BESX 5.0.3 running with Exchange 2010 SP1.

Next year RIM will introduce the new Smartphones with BB10 OS. As we heard, the BB10 devices will not need a BlackBerry Option from the phone carrier anymore (no BIS or BES option necessary anymore).

Will there be any option to activate and manage the new BB10 devices with the BESX 5.0.3 or 5.0.4?

Will there be an other Express server software to manage the new BB10 devices?

I heard the BB10 devices will connect via ActiveSync to the Exchange system. But ActiveSync does not support syncing of Tasks or Notes. How can I sync these elements between Exchange and BB10 devices?

Does anyone have further information about connecting the coming BB10 devices to an Exchange server?

I am glad about any help.

Thank you very much.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: New BlackBerry 10 devices and Enterprise Server Express

Lorion10 wrote:

Hi.

I am not sure I am posting my questions in the correct forum. We have a BESX 5.0.3 running with Exchange 2010 SP1.

Next year RIM will introduce the new Smartphones with BB10 OS. As we heard, the BB10 devices will not need a BlackBerry Option from the phone carrier anymore (no BIS or BES option necessary anymore).

Will there be any option to activate and manage the new BB10 devices with the BESX 5.0.3 or 5.0.4? YES with Fusion

Will there be an other Express server software to manage the new BB10 devices? NO, you can add in Fusion

I heard the BB10 devices will connect via ActiveSync to the Exchange system. But ActiveSync does not support syncing of Tasks or Notes. How can I sync these elements between Exchange and BB10 devices? no native upport yet but there are some apps that can do it.

Does anyone have further information about connecting the coming BB10 devices to an Exchange server? Lots is coming but most is secter for now.

I am glad about any help.

Thank you very much.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V