Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: BB 9900
My Carrier: Mobile One - Singapore
Accepted Solution

New Contact creation - 2 words name in First name, and not first name, middle name. BESx and Small Business Server 2011 standard

Hello,

I got a question.

I am using a BB9900 with OS7.1 with connection to BESx5.0 SP3 R2 with SBS 2011 Standard

It has just came to my attention about adding new contacts thru my BB9900

So lets assume I have a friend whom is called - "Mac Don, Richards"

"Mac Don" is his First name, "Richards" is his Last name.

1. I have created a new contact on my BB9900 "Mac Don" as his First name, "Richards" as his Last name.

2. So once the contact is stored, I went to look at my desktop's OUTLOOK 2010 program

3. I double click on contact - "Mac Don"

4. To my surprise the contact DATA has been recorded in my outlook 2010 as:-

"Mac" - First name

"Don" - Middle name

"Richards" - Last name

I am also using a Nokia Lumia 900 and its connected to the SBS 2011, and in that phone, the contact is Displayed as "Mac Richards" because I set the fields display to "First name" , "Last name"

So my question is, am I able to configure my BESx to not allow my "2 words" name, when I enter thru BB9900 new contact creation (eg. Mac Don) to be separate into "Mac" first name, "Don" middle name when its being sync via MAPI to SBS 2011 exchange 2010 server?

Can you imagine if I have 5 contacts whois first name are Mac Don, Mac Ken, Mac Ywo, Mac Tan, and all with the same Last name "Richards"?

The windows phone or android phone will appear  as all 5 contacts to be "Mac Richards" (First name, Last name)

I will get confuse which Mac Richards is Mac Ywo for example.

I use to spend multiple time manually updating my contacts to merge the First name, Middle name.

Its no joke if I have to redo all 2000+ contacts of customer and friends contacts.

I just want to keep all me contacts First name and Last name as simple and neat data.

So hope someone can recommend a solution to configure my BESx MAPPING?

thank you.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: New Contact creation - 2 words name in First name, and not first name, middle name. BESx and Small Business Server 2011 standard

I have had this issue for a while too.

What do I do? I use an underscore,  a dash or no space instead of a space between the words.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: BB 9900
My Carrier: Mobile One - Singapore

Re: New Contact creation - 2 words name in First name, and not first name, middle name. BESx and Small Business Server 2011 standard

Hi,

thank you, but there must be a way to resolve this i guess.

I would perfer not to use a "_" or a "-" because it will look weird.

Reason so is I usually use my contact list in my outlook synced with exchange to print mailing lables in bulk.

using mail merge.

So I prefer to like spell out their name in ways its identical to how their names in the passports are printed :smileyhappy:

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

SayYong wrote:

Hi,

thank you, but there must be a way to resolve this i guess.

I would perfer not to use a "_" or a "-" because it will look weird.

Reason so is I usually use my contact list in my outlook synced with exchange to print mailing lables in bulk.

using mail merge.

So I prefer to like spell out their name in ways its identical to how their names in the passports are printed :smileyhappy:

If you use an underscore ( no real common in names ), you can export contacts to excel and replace it with a space for your mailing lists. It wont take much time at all to do.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V