Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
g3uiss
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

New Server SBS 2008

Hi

My current setup is a Server 2003 with BESX 5.0.2 and a SBS2003. I am constructing a clean new SBS 2008. This will have the same server name and domain name. The mailboxes will be identical but empty. Im expecting to use Exmerge to copy over the mail.

I will need to rejoin the Server 2003 to the new domain, even though its the same name because of the security ID, will this stop the BESX working ?

Im assuming I will need to wipe the handhelds to get the hidden blackbery info into the new mailboxes.

Is this the right approach, or should I build another BESX on the new SBS 2008 box, and activate the handhels from scratch. Do I need the old BESmgt database

Please advice appreciated, Im under pressuer to finish the implementation. I only have 5 Users of Blackberys

Tony

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: New Server SBS 2008

for 5 users, back them up with desktop manager, wipe, restore and activate on new BES

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
g3uiss
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for response.

Just to be sure, I should create a new BESX on the SBS2008. I asume no issues know on that platform with 5.0.4

Tony

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

yes install a new BES on the new server

Blackberry Enterprise Server compatibility chart
http://us.blackberry.com/support/software/server_compatibility.jsp#tab_tab_compatibility

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.