Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Right_Cross
My Device: Not Specified

New to BB. What will be the new small business option?

I just installed blackberry professional software express to find out that this software is not and will not be updated. 

What will be the new small business solution? Will there ever be another 1 license free setup like pro express?

All the other users at this company are windows mobile users but i am trying to avoid having to use one of those phones. The pro software works great, but i would like to have access to the updates that allow HTML emails and to allow a seperate BES inbox icon.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier
Please use plain text.
Right_Cross

Re: New to BB. What will be the new small business option?

So i either have to pay for full BES even though im only 1 user, or go squat?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

You can RUN BPS

Upgrade to BES

Do the workaround.

I cant make that choice for you.

I went from BPS to BES in just one year because we added so many users. YMMV

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BBforme

It really bothers me too....at my office (10 BB users) I/we no longer encourage BB devices merely b/c of this issue AND RIM's lack of a declared roadmap (so we assume the worst...BPS is DOA) and we absolutely wont go w/a middle-ware solution. 

Always kinda hoped that RIM would provide some sort of "super" BIS solution or.... RIM would license AS (if Apple can so too can RIM :smileyhappy: )

I'm now wondering about what Android's Exchange support is like....

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

BIS does work with Exchange but does not sync everything, Desktop manager can sync the rest though.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

BBforme wrote:

RIM would license AS (if Apple can so too can RIM :smileyhappy: )

I'm confused. When did ActiveSync receive security certifications from dozens of countries around the world and implement a true global push infrastructure with a data compression ratio of almost 20:1 reducing the total operating costs for carriers and consumers alike?

ActiveSync: Hi, do I have mail? Hi, do I have mail? Hi, do I have mail? Hi, do I have mail? Hi, do I have mail? Hi, do I have mail? Hi, do I have mail? Hi, do I have mail? Hi, do I have mail? Hi, do I have mail? Hi, do I have mail? Hi, do I have mail? Hi, do I have mail? Hi, do I have mail? Hi, do I have mail? Hi, do I have mail? Hi, do I have mail? Hi, do I have mail? Hi, do I have mail? Hi, do I have mail? Hi, do I have mail? Hi, do I have mail? Hi, do I have mail? Hi, do I have mail? Hi, do I have mail? Hi, do I have mail? Hi, do I have mail? ...

BlackBerry: Here's your mail!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BBforme

I was waiting for that and its probably deserved.

Misses the point tho...

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

The real point is you have free BPS server software that does have some limits but functions mostly like its big knot free brother BES.

Are we done now?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hasanalpan

In the same boat - looking for answers...

Our company is in the same boat as the original poster.  We are a small company that has our own Exchange server, and I am the only BB user at the present time, with others considering changing. Other company employees currently use WinMo devices or iPhones, and sync via ActiveSync and are happy for all intensive purposes.  For nearly a year, I accessed our Exchange server via OWA, and received my email but had to connect to Desktop Manager (DM) several times a day to sync up contacts, calendar events, etc.  It was a royal pain in the rear!  We recently installed BPS, and I am a somewhat happy camper, but have the same old complaints as others about the lack of HTML support in this day and age, and the lack of a defined roadmap from RIM about how to address the needs of a small business with big business aspirations and needs.  Our company and the original poster's company are not unique in this regard as evidenced by all of the other posts in this and other forums.  The reality of small business is the constant balancing act of where to invest our limited financial resources to best improve the company, and the financial investment required for BES ($$$ for software + dedicated server) are just out of the realm of possibility for our company at this time.  It would be great for RIM to announce a free BES 5.0 with a single user license that can be grown incrementally just as the original BPS was intended, but unfortunately that hasn't happened as of yet and maybe never will. 

Please use plain text.