Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
baracas77
My Device: Not Specified

Newbie Questions

Hi,

I've just recently installed the BPS and so far all's good.  I just have a couple questions.

1: Does the wireless sync also bring over the AD Global address list or just that persons address book.

2: I need to remove some default apps that the handsets come with (Live messenger/Yahoo etc.) Can I do this using the BPS? If so any pointers would be much appreciated.

3: What is the procedure to reassign a licence to a new user?

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

Re: Newbie Questions

baracas77 wrote:

Hi,

I've just recently installed the BPS and so far all's good.  I just have a couple questions.

1: Does the wireless sync also bring over the AD Global address list or just that persons address book.

>> No, BES does not do this.  It has been rumored that we'll see this in the next major release of BES (5.0)

2: I need to remove some default apps that the handsets come with (Live messenger/Yahoo etc.) Can I do this using the BPS? If so any pointers would be much appreciated.

>>  Depending on the application you may be able to block the service provided through IT Policy; take a look at the IT Policy Reference Guide. What all are you trying to block?

3: What is the procedure to reassign a licence to a new user?

>> Remove the user from the BES that you no longer want the license assigned to and add a new user.  Licenses aren't tied to a specific user but rather to "a user" ... BES just does a count of users added.

Cheers

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
baracas77
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks Andy,

With the program removal here in NZ, they seem to come loaded with about 4 types of messenger and we wanted to remove them and just use the BB messenger for corporate usage.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

You may be able to remove the application with a use of an application control policy and the source cod / alx files.

I don't know if they're only controlled by those files or service books too; depends on the carrier.  The best / most reliable thing to do would be to block the services with the use of IT Policy.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.