Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
the_turtle
My Device: 9700

No forum for Blackberry Management Center, but...

...has anyone tried out the new Blackberry Management Center? 

I'd love to, but the test device we tried to sign up kicked back, RIM's system saying it couldn't find that PIN/IMEI combination.  Folks, it's right here on the desk!  We copied the ID strings directly from the engineering screen to ensure there were no typos.

So, we have absolutely no idea if it works.  Anybody try it yet?

Oh, and @blackberryhelp's brilliant suggestion was that we buy support.  Oh, yeah, totally.  Pay to fix your bugs?  Pay for support on a product we can't even set up because of RIM's problem?  Good luck with that, and if we're all on iPhones this time next year, you can wonder why.

Turtle

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: No forum for Blackberry Management Center, but...

is it enabled with a blackberry dataplan and not a generic one?

is the device on BES?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
the_turtle

If we ran our own BES...

...the odds we'd be interested in BMC would be pretty low.  It's on BIS, through T-Mobile, and has been for several years.

Have you been able to register your 9800 on BMC?

I'm interested in hearing from anyone, anywhere, who has registered a device successfully yet.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: If we ran our own BES...

Sorry I am on BES and it does not work with BlackBerry Protect, so I doubt it will work if I tried. I might try it on a friends device though.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

[ Edited ]

I tried it on my device, not a bad interface either after finding what to click on.

install was easy and only issue is BlackBerry Protect wont work on it. 

Only able to manage email accounts which are usually the users personal ones unless you are wanting to use OWA with limited functions, then its a nice free interface for that.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
the_turtle

OK, cool, so at least someone can register a device.  I guess we get to pay a few hundred dollars to find out why RIM thinks our 9700 doesn't exist.  Or, say scruit and don't bother with BMC.  Wonder what we'll do....?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

can you send a BBM message on it?

if not, send me a PM with pin and IMEI number please and I can try a test here on it for dataplan.

Please use plain text.