Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express for Microsoft Exchange
My Carrier: Telstra

One device, one mailbox, one shared mailbox

Hi all,

one customer has a shared mailbox that she wishes to open on her BB device AS WELL as her own mailbox.  Is this a supported config on BESExpress ? How do I go about setting that up ? If not, I'm happy to tell her it's not supported, can you provide with a KB article perhaps...

Thanks,
Brice.

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Re: One device, one mailbox, one shared mailbox

I was unable to find a KB to reference but in short no it is not possible. The BES will only support one mailbox per user. I cant help much with the next suggestions but depending how your mail system is set up you might be able to expose the secondary mailbox via POP3 or IMAP. 

Again the simple answer is no. A search of other forums will show similar questions with the relatively same answer. If nothing else i would take Knotty's word for it. 

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Professional-Software/Additional-Inbox-on-one-BB-d...

http://www.blackberryforums.com.au/forums/ibm-lotus-domino/8724-2-mailboxes-1-user.html

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I know someone that can use a shared mailbox on their device, just not sure how they are doing it and they are on BES..

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

I was able to do this but not via BES.  Also, it depends on which type of BB you're using. 

With BBOS devices (OS7.0 and earlier) I used the Outlook Web Access setup in BIS for the shared mailbox access.  It worked well but had up to a 20 minute delay.  I could send and receive from that account.

With BB10 I had to have a mail forward set up on the shared mailbox.  Mail is forwarded from that account to my personal inbox.  Once it is received in my inbox a rule moves it to a folder.  That folder then syncs to my BB10 device using ActiveSync.  Not sure how this would work on BES10 as I haven't tested the folder syncing in BES10 since we don't have BES10...yet.  The downside to this is that I cannot send from the shared mailbox from the device as the replies would come from my own mailbox.  It's not ideal but it was the best I could come up with.

Hope that helps.

John

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!