Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
rob-fish-hje
My Device: 9790 & Playbook 64Gb under test

Playbook Update with 9790 & BESExpress

OK, quite annoyed!

Finally mananged to get a few Playbooks to trail over the last few weeks. All seems OK, don't know why eveyone has been so 'down' on them. However, after updating last night (2.1.0.1032) Blackberry Bridge no longer works. Yes, I've updated Blackberry bridge on the phone also.

Basivally, the Playbook shows in the left corner the number of messages, but when connecting all I get is a blank frame with the little blue 'loading' circle. I've wiped the Playbook and started again. Wiped the phone and started again. Still nothing. Also the SMS bridge says TEXT as disabled by the IT Policy. I can assure you all they are not.

Anyone else seeing this? (Hopefully someone from RIM!)

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Playbook Update with 9790 & BESExpress

what version bridge are you on?

did you try removing teh BT profile from devices which is backed up OTA on BES?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
rob-fish-hje

Bridge version is 2.1.0.25

"did you try removing teh BT profile from devices which is backed up OTA on BES"

Cant see anything to do with BT profile in BESEXpress

Thanks for fast response!

New Contributor
rob-fish-hje

LOL! on support call with RIM. They are saying its a BES problem and need BES support. Way to go RIM. Another nail in the Playbook coffin!
New Contributor
rob-fish-hje

They are also saying that 2.1.0.23 is the latest version of Bridge for the phone!
New Contributor
rob-fish-hje

another odd one. If you google Blackberry Bridge latest version it shows 2.1.0.26, but its not available on the AppWorld on the phone.
New Contributor
rob-fish-hje

can't help but think that RIM have been sitting on their laurels for the last two years. Some new blood is needed at RIM to prevent their market share declining to the point where they go bust. Sorry, just my personal opinion.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

rob-fish-hje wrote:
another odd one. If you google Blackberry Bridge latest version it shows 2.1.0.26, but its not available on the AppWorld on the phone.

different version for each OS

For OS7.1 devices, Bridge v2.1.0.26
For OS7.0 devices, Bridge v2.1.0.25
For OS6.0 devices, Bridge v2.1.0.24
For OS5.0 devices, Bridge v2.1.0.23

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

rob-fish-hje wrote:

Bridge version is 2.1.0.25

"did you try removing teh BT profile from devices which is backed up OTA on BES"

Cant see anything to do with BT profile in BESEXpress

Thanks for fast response!

once you activte the device again teh BT profile is uploaded to the device

did you remove the profile once you activated?