Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Professional, Exchange 2003 SP2 & Curve

My co. recently purchased two BB devices - I used Device 1 PIN to download & install Professional server software.  Device 1 never activated their device on the profesional server.  I setup Device 2 on Professional and activated it.  Now everything works except sending email.  I get the red X everytime I send.  I went through the steps to allow send as permissions for the BESAdmin account, then restart BB Router service, etc.  Everything works temporarily and after a couple of hours I cannot send email again.

Is there a permission problem on Exchange 2003 or could it be that it's looking for Device 1 which I used to download professional?

Thanks

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: Professional, Exchange 2003 SP2 & Curve

it seems to be a permissions issue on Exch. If you chheck back on Exch AD after 2 hours, is the send as permission preset for the affected  user for BESadmin? also what is the error message when you open the red x message on device.

check this link: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/software/sendas.jsp and clieck on KB12309: Administration accounts in protected Active Directory groups , and remoce affected user from any exch protected groups as listed in this Kb and test.

Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

As BBsingh said, it is a permissions issue.

Read about the AdminSDHolder object in Active Directory and then also read about the principle of least privilege.

That is why mail won't send.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

My sendas permission was definitely being revoked so i followed up on the protected groups issue - I removed the adminstrator & domain controller rights from the acct, reset the sendas permission, stopped blackberry router for 20 minutes and restarted.  So far so good - successful email sent at 1030pm and another successful at 0800 this morning.