Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
BBFusion
My Device: 9860
My Carrier: .

Push Browser Icons

Hi all

Hope that someone can help me (I am a BES administrator not a developer so please have patience with me).

I have a request from our users, they want a web icon (push icon/browser push) on their devices, but they want different icons depending on what department in the company they are in.

Today we are using the program described in the below article but it is very labour intensive and has to be done manually.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Push-Development/Sample-code-A-simple-C-push-appli...

Therefore I would like to automate the Browser Icon deployment procedure based on BlackBerry group memberships, is there any way to do this.

(Push the browser icon to all users in a BlackBerry group once a day).

I have the BES groups already as I am using them for different Policies.

Environment

BES 5.0.3

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Push Browser Icons

This would be possible but would require a developer to get it functioning. Basically you would query the group to determine the Email addresses of all members using BWS then perform a Browser Channel Push to each member with the desired icon. You would do this again for each of the targeted groups.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.