Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
Accepted Solution

Question Knottyrope; JRE APC Powerchute Network Shutdown

I'm running BESX 5.X on a Server 2003 R2 Exchange 2007 box. The JRE that it has installed was what the BESX install installed at the time and has never been update (which I see you recommend leaving alone)

Unfortunately I need to install APC's Powerchute Network Shutdown software on the server and it uses JRE. When running the installer it displays 'A valid (64-bit) JRE has NOT been detected on this system' and it offers an option which reads 'Install the private JRE which accompanies this powerchute installation'. At this point I back out and cancel. I assume that the JRE that BESX uses is 32 bit.

Is this safe to install? Will JRE 32 bit and 64 bit coexist on the same box serving BESX & PCNS respectively?

Help.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Question Knottyrope; JRE APC Powerchute Network Shutdown

good question, but what version is it trying to install?

the following can assist you if you update it

Java been updated? Dont update it, it is not needed but check the following

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB14697

Also modify this key, it seems to get the wrong value during an upgrade for some.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BAS-AS\Parameters\JVM Option Number 3

-Xmx1024m
by
-Xmx768m

After updating to JRE 1.6.0_29 BlackBerry MDS/CS and IM services stop working

How to upgrade or update the Java Runtime Environment on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Well looking at another server it appears to have installed:

C:\Program Files\APC\PowerChute\jre\bin>java -version
java version "1.6.0_31"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_31-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.6-b01, mixed mode)

As you can see it puts Java in its own folder. This might mean it's isolated and will not affect BESX?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

that is possible but i dont have either to test it with

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor

It did put it in it's own folder and everything works with no issues. It's been successful for several months now.

I marked this as solved.

Guru III
My Device:

thanks for sharing