If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
raymo12
My Device: BES 5.0.3
My Carrier: verizon
Accepted Solution

Re: Migrating BES Express to new hardware?

Hello,

I'm really new to all this so where do I get the transporter tool and the additonal SRP?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Please use plain text.
Contributor
raymo12

Thanks..So if I have

5.0.3 (Bundle 12) is that 5.0 service pack 3?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

raymo12 wrote:

Thanks..So if I have

5.0.3 (Bundle 12) is that 5.0 service pack 3?

correct

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
raymo12

[ Edited ]

Great thank you. As far as ordering another SRP goes would I have to register with the same information as done previously? We are taking over this work from an administrator no longer with the company. Also. when I migrate a user over will they need to reactivate their device?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

raymo12 wrote:

Great thank you. As far as ordering another SRP goes would I have to register with the same information as done previously? We are taking over this work from an administrator no longer with the company. Also. when I migrate a user over will they need to reactivate their device?

you can get 9 at a time if you wish, transporter does not require an activation

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
Contributor
raymo12

so during the setup it asks:

In the Accounts and Folders dialog box, in the Name field, type the name of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server

Express that you want the BlackBerry Administration Service to display.

Should this not be the server name? WHere can I check this on the old server?

Let me know if this should be a new thread.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
raymo12

I see on the old server it was the server name but setup help says "the name of the blackberry enterprise server should not be the same as the name of the computer that hosts the Blackberry Enterprise Server"..

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

netbios name and BES name should not be the same

Please use plain text.
Contributor
raymo12

So if I name it BES01 does that affect anything else already configured? When I move people over via the transporter will it matter? We are migrating from a BES server that is named the same as the server to a new one.

Please use plain text.