Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Migrating BES Express to new hardware?

BES should detect the move. I wonder if BES is being pointed to the CAS and that is causing your issue.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
raymo12
My Device: BES 5.0.3

I remember you mentioned permissions on the exchange database so I ran the command to set permissions on the new db and it looks like its working. Unless there is some inital delay?

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

If the BlackBerry smartphone user's mailbox has been moved to a different Microsoft Exchange Server, the BlackBerry Enterprise Server should recognize this change within 12 minutes. If the BlackBerry Enterprise Server does not recognize the change, run the handheldcleanup.exe tool from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server in question. For more information on how to use the handheldcleanup.exe tool, see KB00140.

If there is only one BlackBerry smartphone user on a particular MAPI session, the BlackBerry Enterprise Server detects the mailbox move.

Note: With the introduction of the Client Access Server (CAS) array in Microsoft Exchange server 2010 the mailbox moves no longer affect the usage of the BlackBerry user.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor
raymo12

[ Edited ]

OK great.

I see the migration complete pending - Switchservice Pending....

I would be running the handheld cleanup tool from the server I'm trying to move them from correct?

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Note: With the introduction of the Client Access Server (CAS) array in Microsoft Exchange server 2010 the mailbox moves no longer affect the usage of the BlackBerry user.

I

this may help

Configuration settings for F5 load balancer to allow BlackBerry Enterprise Server to communicate wit...

some other goodies

Turning on Global Catalog referrals when mail delay occurs for BlackBerry smartphone users

Intermittent mail delivery issues are experienced on BlackBerry smartphones when Microsoft Exchange ...

BlackBerry Administration Service session does not stay connected when using a load balancer

Contributor
raymo12

It started working at about 15 minutes after mailbox move.

When using the transporter tool once you move the maximum 20 users do you just need to create a new manifest to mover the others? I didn't try bulk mode since i only have 26 users.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

raymo12 wrote:

It started working at about 15 minutes after mailbox move.

When using the transporter tool once you move the maximum 20 users do you just need to create a new manifest to mover the others? I didn't try bulk mode since i only have 26 users.

yes do 20 and then do the rest

Contributor
raymo12

Got it thanks.

Again thank you for all your assistance. Hopefully I wont have many more questions...

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

make any progress?

Contributor
raymo12

I was able to move a few more users over but all the big work is this weekend.