Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Remove unite on a BB 8830

I removed the software now i cant get my firewall unlocked. I removed the IT policy and it made a mess of my phone. I dont use BES. Also my bluetooth can not be seen by my laptop anymore. Any help? I have read tons of posts on all the forums but no help for the 8830.
Highlighted
Retired

Re: Remove unite on a BB 8830

With regards to the firewall, the only reason that BlackBerry Unite! turns that on is to allow the device the ability to reject messages that are encrypted with a key that is not recognized by the device.  This will not prevent any user initiated action.

With regards to the bluetooth issue all you need to do is configure BlackBerry Desktop Manager to synchronize again as outlined here and then configure the device to sync using Bluetooth.

When you activate on BlackBerry Unite! the device is configured to synchronize with the Address Book and Calendar on Unite! and removes any previously configuration for Desktop Manager.  Once you reconfigure the device to synchronize with Desktop Manager again you will have the Bluetooth options back on the device.

Contributor

Re: BlackBerry Unite! Automatic Software Update ~ New Features

The wipe will not return the BB to factory default. The firewall will still be locked and some of your Bluetooth functions will be removed and not restored. Adding a backup (pre: Unite) will not remove firewall or fix Bluetooth.
Contributor

Sorry your wrong. Check out the blackberry forums. Call bell data tech support. They are swamped with calls regarding this. Bell says they are waiting for Rim to fix the problem. I have spent days on this and read 100's of posts. The firewall lock can not be removed form a 8830. And some of the bluetooth services have been removed.
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you take a look at the firewall settings on your device having the firewall enabled does absolutely nothing unless you are on a BES (or Unite). Are any of the options checked off to block when you set your 8830 up on Unite?  If nothing is checked off, and you're not on a BES/Unite then it will have absolutely no affect on your bb.

About the bluetooth services... I actually had the same problem and was going to post looking for help but you beat me to it. I've followed the steps provided by the Tech Advisor and my problem is all gone now.

Message Edited by Mr_White on 06-24-2008 08:56 PM
Message Edited by Mr_White on 06-24-2008 10:34 PM
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yawn Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1. There is no Unite on my BB now. So I cant set calendar etc. to wirless sync.

2. Bell Canada wants RIM to fix this problem ASAP as they get a ton of calls about it daily.

3. The firewall was NOT enabled pre UNITE being put on.

4. The firewall was locked after the removal of the Unite software.

5. OS 4.5 software has the ability to factory reset the BB and fix the bluetooth problem and the firewall problem.

6. There are so far about a dozen programs being affected by the fire wall while trying to load onto the BB,

7. There is no 4.5 OS device software for the 8830 yet so no factory reset for it.

Now if you dont understand all that I can type slower for you next time.

Message Edited by ReMaxMan on 06-24-2008 09:47 PM
Contributor

Anyone found a way to unlock the firewall and fix Bluetooth yet? One that works?